A picture in twenty words (Windows)

A picture in twenty words (Windows)

A Poem by Melanie Jane Boicourt Shanks
"

picture copyright craig harris 2002-2008

"

 

Neighbors

are too close

for friendship.

Will the music

drown out the shouts

the way the shades

hide the frowns?

 

 

 

 

 

© 2008 Melanie Jane Boicourt Shanks


Author's Note

Melanie Jane Boicourt Shanks
Writing inspired by the picture.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love the beauty and simplicity of this piece. You did so much with 20 little words!!! Having lived too long in an apartment complex I can totally relate to the shouts and the shades. So unique!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What a truth, especially when you see all the block homes being built, where there is no more then ten feet between house walls of the neighbor! What ever happened to ridding your horse ten miles just to say hi to the closest living creature! Sigh...to many people. And they world has let to many negative emotions over take humanity, so that everyone has to hear others problems and individual anger being unleashed.
No privacy and no peace of mind. Not in these modern day comunes that they call houseing developments and apartments...
Great Write! It speaks of a truth, that exists, that people should be aware of everytime, they want to raise their voice!


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like this..i think it is great that you got inspired from a picture..that is a great write..i loved it..lol you got my vote, you are a good writer...
Well From One Word-Play Poet To The Next...Always Rememeber To Write To With Your Heart!

s~Shanty~s

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Short but with a loud message. Wonderfully penned.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

318 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 19, 2008
Last Updated on March 19, 2008

Author

Melanie Jane Boicourt Shanks
Melanie Jane Boicourt Shanks

Fort Wayne, IN



About
I have been writing since I knew how. Before that I would just draw pictures to tell a story. My true passion is poetic lyrics. That is mostly what I am inspired to write. I have been dabbling in othe.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Angle of mercy Angle of mercy

A Poem by Ash<3


Hills Hills

A Poem by Emily B