Escape with me.

Escape with me.

A Story by Mel Jayne
"

Two girls in a high rise talking about the stars.

"

“Come with me.” Miki was holding Linah’s hand gently.

“I can’t” Their hands dropped apart. They where standing at the end of a corridor with the pink sky in strips through the blinds. They where bathed in artificial green light that reminded Miki of the ship that she had grown up on. 

“But you know I can’t stay in one place.” Miki tried to hold back tears but it was hard with the way that her girlfriend was looking at her. “I was born in space. I know you don’t understand but- I feel like on a spaceship is where I’m supposed to be.”

“They wouldn’t even let me come with you.” Linah frowned as she thought for a moment. The plan had been simple, find a position aboard a ship as an engineer, tell Linah to come with her and propose so that they could leave together. “Does five years mean nothing to you? I love you.” It had been hard for Linah to say, at first, she had never had anyone that loved her before. Not completely. 

It was a few hours until Miki had to leave. It would be hard, it always was. “We have time now. And it’s only for eight months. I don’t expect you to wait for me, by the way.” She wasn’t tearing up anymore. She wanted to stay with the love of her life for a little longer, she took her hand again and led her down a flight of stairs.


The bed was warm as Miki stretched out lazily. Linah was there, unexpectedly, and looking at her with affection as she leant down to capture her girlfriend’s lips in a kiss. She shifted her weight so that she was balanced above Miki. Miki carded a hand through Linah’s hair gently, grazing her fingertips against the skin at her neck, trailing across shoulders and sides and waists. There was a longing there, as they continued to kiss, slowly even though their time together was slipping away.

“I’ll miss you.” Linah said, putting her lips to Miki’s neck. 

“I don’t want to fight, I just wanted you to come with me.” She was sad, so sad. 

“You know I can’t.”

“You could, if you wanted. They would let you i you were my family.”

“I am your family.”

© 2017 Mel Jayne


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

awesome
love it it is cute

Posted 6 Years Ago


Mel Jayne

6 Years Ago

Thanks so much.
Aloha, this is a lovely read :) quite captivating. Linah and Miki are beautiful characters and though the piece is quite short you get a good sense of these young lovers, the closing expression of being each others family is a powerful declaration. I enjoyed this
very much. Izzy

Posted 7 Years Ago


Mel Jayne

7 Years Ago

I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Here i like the style of your writing. Story's well written. Suspense. Love. Sadness... stirred with emotions and caring... everything sounded very catchy to me. It's very hard to me to say allot of things just in few words... but yeah, here i must appreciate you, you do a very great job here. Short. Simple and very shortened choice of words. Had my all attention. Even time consuming it's seemed.

Last part is one of my fav... esp. the choice of your very poesy words. Excellent!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Mel Jayne

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
Beautiful story,it is really good to read Interesting as well,
It wouldn't bother me to read more like this one..
Looking forward to read more of your work

Posted 7 Years Ago


Mel Jayne

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much, I'm really proud of this and I'm glad that you liked it!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

288 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 15, 2017
Last Updated on April 15, 2017
Tags: gay, scifi, fiction, lesbian, space, spaceships, love, romance, implied sex, evenings, beds, kissing, erotic, erotica, science fiction

Author

Mel Jayne
Mel Jayne

United Kingdom



About
I want to share the stories of people who have been pushed away by the media. more..

Writing
Glitch Glitch

A Poem by Mel Jayne