Breaking The Mirror and Unfolding

Breaking The Mirror and Unfolding

A Story by Melobldnfr
"

To: Someone I do not know.

"
02/20/17

You do not know me.

Perhaps these thoughts come to me through the concern of a friend, a loved one, a family member, or Spirit.

They bring me to reflect much.

While none of us are so different, you and I may be more alike than you'd know.

Such a revelation would not be to frighten you. Rather, this is to say you are not alone.

Due to "differences", some find it surely difficult to see the Divine in members outside their immediate circle. Yet those like me - single, no children, also labeled "different" - I suspect may have more trouble accepting the Divine in themselves. Because some others, usually others critical to our development early on, would deny the Divine in those of us who are "different".

What do I mean by this?

What I mean is, for example, one may say you cannot be both one thing and another. Such as Christian & non-hetero, or human and Divinely Perfect.

Such denials can be ways of passing judgment, thinking and teaching fear and separation without a middle ground, without acceptance, and without tolerance. The truth is while we are none perfect, and all must struggle to grow, there is Divine Perfection in us all as we are all created in the likeness of Source. That is to say, while I am not my father, a part of him resides in me. Regardless if whether or not I ever acknowledge it. Just as a part of my mother resides in me, and Spirit resides in me.

"Good" and "bad" are often personal and subjective ego-based ideas, not truths, and are based on conditions.

Conditions change. Ideas change. Feelings change. Depending on mood, atmosphere, climate and tastebuds, the same food can in one moment taste "good" and in another moment taste "bad".

So why put such stock into these labels given us?

Socialization. Often a parental unit's words and treatment are formidable in reprimanding a child's existence rather than a child's actions, particularly when the child is "different" and during the formative developmental stages of a child's spiritual existence in a human body.

So we delight in other "different" peoples. Once we learn and get passed mirroring what others expect/want/need in order to be accepted, finding members of our spiritual tribe-family becomes possible.

One ultimate way to accept the Divine within ourselves is to break the mirror - that mirror in which we can only see and love ourselves through others' perceptions of us.

This is no easy thing, but it can come to pass, particularly as we gather glimpses of our true selves over time through events and passions.

In the beginning, these glimpses of our true selves - our Divine selves - come as snippets of crafts or art we've spied through shop windows, or through some random lyrics we do not necessarily recognize as resonating with us right away. Later some common, or not-so-common, occurence will remind us of these bits of ourselves we have seen and stored.

With time and practice we come to recognize things that resonate with us upon their original unfolding, and that such is not only OKAY, but Grand - even if it makes us "different".

Maybe ESPECIALLY if it makes us "different".

© 2019 Melobldnfr


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
Added on February 21, 2017
Last Updated on January 12, 2019

Author

Melobldnfr
Melobldnfr

Wichita, KS



About
I am always writing, but have not joined a writers' group since The Belle Haven when it was in existence. I loved it and really miss it. So when this site was recommended to me, I couldn't resist. .. more..

Writing
Unfolding Unfolding

A Poem by Melobldnfr