The unofficial official prologue

The unofficial official prologue

A Chapter by Meraki

"Hello there. My name is… well you can call me Daniel, D for short; I’m here to tell you a story. What kind of story you ask? Well I don't really know yet. I mean you could call it my story but then there are too many people in it to say it’s my story alone." 

"Hey I'm in there." A pixie of a girl added in. 

"It’s our story too, D." 
 
"Hey, don't forget me, and my buddy here." Jeremy said as he slapped Phil roughly on the back.
 
"Yeah, I know you guys! I know! I’m not leaving anyone out. I was just explaining it isn't my story alone. It’s everyone’s."

"Oh, okay." Bea said, only slightly embarrassed. 

"Well get on with it then. Come on, come on." 
"Then get started." (Jeremy) 
"I'm sure they're eager to hear it." (Phil)

"Right then where to start, hmm… Uh.. Got it! I don't see why not, yeah here we go I'll start with me."

"Why’s it gotta be you? Why not me I’m sure they wanna know about me too!"
 
"Yeah, yeah Bea we'll get you soon enough. Shoo shoo! Now where was I? Oh! Yes, right."

The debris of the forest floor poked and scratched my feet raw; until they were sticky with blood and dirt. I was out of breath and had a sharp pain in my left side but I couldn't stop, not yet, not now. They'd catch me. The dogs’ barking loud in my ear only pushed me to run harder and faster. I veered left then right zigzagging through the trees just as an arrow whirred by my cheek and into a nearby tree. The light from the flashlights dancing in front of me, taunting me, as if to say, just a little faster and you might be able to escape.
Two more arrows were loosed just as I reached the bank of the stream. I ran along the water, hiding in the undergrowth dodging the light shining between the trees. I hid inside a hollow underneath the roots of a large oak tree, and waited until they ran passed; their lights bouncing away. I came out when I could no longer hear their feet pounding. I slipped into the water sunk down to the bed, and slowly crawled along hiding among the rocks. I did this for what seemed like ages- but I suppose it was about an hour give or take a few minutes- coming up for a quick breath of air every now and then.
I scrambled up the mud slick bank onto a dry patch of grass and slumped to the ground- 

"That is not how it went."

"Bea, I’m trying to tell my part of the story you'll get your chance later."

"Nuh-uh tell the truth, D! That’s not how it went and you know it! Jeremy! D is- mm! Geh ore ‘ands umph ee!"

"Alright! Alright! Fine I'll tell the story the way it really happened ok? Just please stop yelling and leave. I really don't want a headache and you're bothering me. Promise me and I'll take my hand off your mouth and let you go. Promise."

"Mm-hm, Pwahhmis. Jeremy!" 

"Ah, typical. Right, now where was I? Oh alright then."

Going in and out consciousness from exhaustion and air deprivation, I struggled to stay awake. My muscles were weak and screaming their displeasure at my slow and steady movement into the trees.

"Hey D, why don't you tell the story how it really happened? None of that is true and we all know it. Even the audience can tell this is a sham."

"Blimey, did- did you just..? What kind of sorcery have I witnessed? I swear you appeariated.

"Appeari- what? No I just walked in, but you should-"
 
"What? Jeremy, would it kill you to make some noise when you enter a room? Fu-(let's keep it) ninja sh-(PG-13 eh?) you do. I'm considering thumping you in your blooming face you bleeding wanker. What the hell do you want anyways?"

"Hahaha! Nevermind I forgot anyways. Aw man, that reaction you should've seen your face it was priceless. Oh man, that was good. Seriously though you should write the true story so you don't have to remember the lies you've told. Plus you'll damage your credibility, this is supposed to be a non-fiction novel remember? Your accent is coming through again by the way."

"Yeah, yeah whatever."


© 2015 Meraki


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on February 16, 2014
Last Updated on March 16, 2015
Tags: Adventure, Fantasy


Author

Meraki
Meraki

Austin, TX



About
"And she tucked herself away in a corner, quite foreign to the crowd around her and all that kept racing through my head is that the best kind of beauty is the kind that is mostly ignored," -Christoph.. more..

Writing
Purge Purge

A Poem by Meraki


Balance Balance

A Poem by Meraki