Her Last Thanksgiving.

Her Last Thanksgiving.

A Story by Maria
"

My dear mom, passed away last year in Feburary of 2017. And she fought 5 and a half long years against her cancer. She made an effort to be present at the last Thanksgiving Dinner, I hosted at home.

"
                                  In November of 2017, my mom, made an effort to join in the               Thanksgiving celebration, of that year, knowing it would be her last.
 
                                  I tried to not give it much a thought. She had made it this far, so I hoped against hope, that she still  live another year.  I had an argument with my dad, because he did not think it was fair for me to have a  party   at the  house, with my mother being so ill, yet she told him to let me do it, cause she enjoyed the           company of my friends.
                                So with her blessing, I preceded to prepare the food, and she helped me decorate the house. The day  arrived and the guests came, and my mother, put on her bravest smile yet, and did her best to eat some food,                   cause  at the time, she was already eating less and less.  And everyone that met her, would see, deep within her  eyes, just how much she loved me and was grateful, that they were my friends.
 
                               We ate, and made jokes, and of course had dessert.  After that we moved to the living room, and  played  a few games. Towards the end of the lovely evening, some of my friends, took out some instruments, and                   started to  play some songs.  And my mother, was so happy, that she requested they play two songs, in which, she  joined, by singing, for the very last time.
 
                               Tears fell, and my heart crumbled, as she did her best to give her very last performance, and in that   song,  she was saying farewell, to all, even me.  And after she finished, she had tears of gratitude and asked that they  never leave my side, and keep me company, once she no longer was here.
                                And so the evening ended, and everyone left.  My mom gave me a big hug and reminded me that in spite   of  our many differences on certain things, she had tried her best, and knew she had failed in some  areas, but  that she never had stopped loving me, not even once. 
                  And so it was, that this ended up being, her very last Thanksgiving.

© 2018 Maria


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Only one word I can think of and its Beautiful.

Posted 4 Years Ago


That was a very beautiful as well as a very powerful story. Thank you so very much for submitting.-JW

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 1, 2018
Last Updated on November 1, 2018
Tags: Mother, food, friends, thanksgiving

Author

Maria
Maria

Fairfax, VA



About
I write from my heart, soul and mind. Sharing both past and present trials, that I have faced and or am facing. I believe strongly in God and the Bible, yet I respect everyone's views. I myself am no.. more..

Writing
My Punishment My Punishment

A Story by Maria


My Scars My Scars

A Poem by Maria