Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Neeeks!

"Well, this is the fastest I've seen tickets for a show sell out," a man on the radio stated. "And not just at one of the bands upcoming shows, but all of them! It's amazing, I'm telling you."

"If any of you were planning on waiting until pay day to buy your tickets, you missed out." a female voice chimed in.

"That's right, Becca. Better luck to all of those who weren't able to buy a ticket," the man said. "These guys are truly amazing, and this is the first time they've toured in the US in almost two years."

"I wanted to see them," Becca laughed. "Didn't you? I'm sure your daughters would have loved to see them."

"I'm sure they would-"

The radio suddenly went quiet as a girl turned the volume all the way down, her other hand buried deep in her pocket. She was smiling, her eyes shining bright as she struggled to pull her hand out of her pocket, her fingers wrapped tightly around her phone. Shaking in excitement, her fingers stumbled over the keys of her phone as she quickly dialed an all-too-familiar number.

"Come on, pick up," she muttered to herself, listening to the ringing. "Pick up, pick up."

She started bouncing back and forth on her feet in a lazy attempt to dance as she hummed along to a tune in her head, a tune she loved and couldn't wait to hear blasting from her stereo again. As the ringing continued, the girl looked over at the clock that hung on her bedroom wall. It was only three-thirteen on a Tuesday afternoon, and time seemed to slow as she watched the second hand on the clock move.

"Come on, I know you're out of school; it's after three," she sighed. "Please, pick up."

Humming again, the girl smiled and closed her eyes. She was still dancing, if it could even be called dancing.

"Hello?" a voice suddenly said.

"I got the tickets!" the girl shrieked, ceasing all movement other than her uncontrollable shaking. "Amanda, I got the tickets!"

"Really? Oh my God, Ingrit, that's awesome!" Amanda replied, sharing Ingrit's excitement at a lesser extent. "I thought they sold out; it's all over the radio, every station."

"They did, but I managed to get two tickets before selling out," Ingrit chirped. "You and me, Manderz. We're going!"

"When is it? Which one of their shows are we going to?" Amanda asked. "I need to write this s**t down."

"It's on the thirteenth," Ingrit answered. "In Worcester, Mass."

"Sweet! Wait, do we even have a ride?" Amanda asked.

"Don't worry about the ride; my upstairs neighbor can drive us." Ingrit laughed as she sat down at her computer.

"He won't mind since you only got two tickets? It's what, about an hour and a half drive up there?" Amanda asked. "What's he going to do, sit in the car during the show?"

"He'll probably sleep in the car since he's always tired from work anyway," Ingrit replied. "And since it's on a Friday night, you can sleep over!"

"Sweet! A kick-a*s concert, movies and popcorn, and just flat out awesome, epic s**t going on that night," Amanda exclaimed. "I can't wait!"

"Neither can I. It's going to be amazing!" Ingrit agreed.

"Yeah. Hey, I have to go. Keep me informed with all this fun s**t." Amanda said with a laugh.

"Will do!" Ingrit said with a smile. "Have fun. Love you, bye!"

"Love you too," Amanda echoed. "Bye."

Ingrit closed her phone, ending the call. Still smiling, she jumped up from her seat and turned on her stereo, turning the volume up. Spinning in circles and jumping around, Ingrit sang along to the music as it reached her ears.

"Run until your arms drop, dreams fits a point of view. I get down, down, down to get up on you." she sang.

Falling back onto her bed, Ingrit let out a sigh and hugged herself as she looked up at the poster that hung above her bed. Her smiled grew as she gazed upon her favorite band, her eyes traveling from one member to another until they landed on the lead singer; her favorite member from the band; the man she'd had a crush on for years; the crush she'd do anything to talk to, meet, see...anything. To be able to see him perform live was a wish come true.

"This is going to be the best concert ever," she said to herself, her eyes not leaving the face of the man she loved. "And I can't wait."


© 2010 Neeeks!


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Great prologue! I really liked it! The details and descriptions were wonderful! The dialogue was very realistic! While I was reading this, I was thinking "Wow! This is just how ordinary people would talk!" I actually started reading this because the plot of the story so far really intrigued me! I'm certainly going to read more of this! :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

BTW: i also luv that band so very much & their songs.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i seriously luv this!!!!! It's soooooooooo good, i swear!!!!!!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like it .. i like music and concerts.. i have a feeling this one may be 'different'
nice job ..

Chloe

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is not bad, and the first prologue I have read on here that leads into the story so smoothly. Nice work.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A good beginning to the story. Concert and road trip always can create a very good story. I will read on.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good prologue! It has a crisp-ness to it that keeps the story going while still sharing the small details to a less-than-boring extent. Well written.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very exciting prologue and great lead into the story. You did a nice job here. The characters seemed very real.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice prologue. The description and dialogue was realistic. I could just picture two teenage girls squealing and talking to each other like that.
Great job!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was pretty interesting.
i loved the prologue.


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great prologue! I really liked it! The details and descriptions were wonderful! The dialogue was very realistic! While I was reading this, I was thinking "Wow! This is just how ordinary people would talk!" I actually started reading this because the plot of the story so far really intrigued me! I'm certainly going to read more of this! :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

364 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 20, 2010
Last Updated on January 28, 2010
Tags: Tokio Hotel, Bill Kaulitz, The Jonas Brothers, Joe Jonas


Author

Neeeks!
Neeeks!

Pine Ridge, SD



About
Hello, the name's Echo, but my friends refer to me as Neeeks, Echo-Neko, Echo-chan, Neko or Neko-chan... You get the point. I'm twenty-one, a vegetarian and have been writing for almost nine year.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Neeeks!



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sleepwalk Sleepwalk

A Poem by Robin


Heart in Hand Heart in Hand

A Poem by OT


Old Man Old Man

A Poem by Robin