Thunders Kiss: words (3)

Thunders Kiss: words (3)

A Story by Mey
"

Words spoken and scars reviled

"

Cold dark unfriendly light broke the window, smashing into an empty room. It flooded over an empty bed, spilling down perfectly tucked sheets, across an empty bedside table, hunting for the inhabitants that were long gone, off into a city that was empty of life but filled with people.

 

“Only fools can’t get into an office building during the day.”

“Oh? Well then how do you purpose that we get in?” asked Trish.

“Office buildings are filled with people who have no business there, often that include the people running them. You just walk in and go about your business, then leave quietly without causing a stir.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, really.”

“I don’t think so.”

“Are you in possession of a better plan then?” Bear asked grumpily.

“Wait till its dark then break in.” she tossed a cocky smile to Sparky.

“To many alarms, and once it gets dark we need to break into the construction site.”

“And when are we gonna do the hospital?”

“Same plan as here only it’s even easier.”

Bear was nodding his affirmative even before Sparky was finished speaking.

“Shouldn’t we at lest get some coveralls or something, that way at lest we can say we’re maintenance if asked”

“No way, security knows the faces of maintenance, and the old movie line ‘he’s out sick I’m filling in’ would never work in the real world, best to just head in.” Sparky finished with a smug smile.

“Not quite. You need to take off your goggles first; willing suspension of suspicion only goes so far. The coat and boots will have to do. And you” Bear said turning to Trish “will have to cover up that tattoo.”

“Yeah” Trish buttoned her jacket closed hiding the small tribal dragon that she had tattooed above her left breast.

“Um boss” there was an uncharacteristic lack of confidence in Sparky’s voice as he spoke. “Wouldn’t that make us more conspicuous rather than less?”

“Sorry kid but not even the weirdoes around here wouldn’t walk into a building like this, wearing goggles like that.”

“Maybe I should just wait out here then, I won’t want to be the one to jeopardize our mission.”

Bear paused to look at him. Trish simply crossed her arms.

“It’s not that bad kid.”

“Just go one without me; nothing screams remember me like heavy facial scarring.”

Trish raised an eyebrow.

“Facial scarring?”

“We’ll talk about it later.” Bear growled warningly.

“Your face is fine.”

“We’ll talk about it later! Come on Trish we’re heading inside. Sparks head over to the hospital, and for the love of god no matter what happens in there use discretion, they have pure oxygen environment, and it won’t take a lot to set them burning.”

“Like goggles won’t be conspicuous in a hospital.”

“Trish shut the f**k up. We’ll meet back at the hotel just before dark, if we haven’t found anything by then we’ll pull out the thunder and see if we can’t shake things up. Agreed?”

“Yeah. Whatever.” Sparky mumbled quietly.

Bear reached out and put one arm on Sparky’s shoulder.

“We’ll see you around”

Trish began walking slowly towards the entrance, Bear not far behind. Sparky stayed leaning against the wall of the alley they’d been standing in. He pulled his goggles from his forehead slowly, and rubbed the scars underneath.

 

© 2009 Mey


Author's Note

Mey
I respectfully ask is that you don�t critique my work or my grammar, but I welcome comments with open arms.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I was wondering when it would come back to the scars. "I love it when a plan comes together." Thank you, Mr. T, for your input. I think you picked the perfect place to end the chapter. Can't wait to see what happens next... or why they're breaking into these places. "Ah pity the fool!" I agree, Mr. T, Trish is scary.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 23, 2009

Author

Mey
Mey

Home



About
I like to think of myself as a dark and talented individual. I like to think that what I write matters to someone. I like to think that by writing that someone, somewhere, will enjoy what I’ve w.. more..

Writing
Again Again

A Poem by Mey


Turbulence Turbulence

A Poem by Mey