Thunders kiss: Exploration (5)

Thunders kiss: Exploration (5)

A Story by Mey
"

Searching, hunting, knowing

"

“You know one thing I never really understood?” Trish says to Bear as they search. “In the bible the devil is always the fire guy, and god uses water to do his work, so why is it that the points for the destruction of Sodom and Gilmore is always chalked up to god?”

“I don’t know, I’m not really a big believer in that stuff.”

“Who is nowadays honestly? You know what we need now is another big religion, this ones getting stale. It’s like a centuries old game of telephone. They can’t even keep there f*****g metaphors straight, one minute Jesus is our shepherd and the next they're going on about sacrificial lambs! I can totally see where those Middle Eastern extremists get their martyrdom s**t from, a wonder more people don’t commit suicide in gods name.”

“Okay, three major points: one, Muslims are reading a whole different text from what I understand. Two, it says right there in the Ten Commandments that you can’t kill yourself. And three, I don’t give a f**k.”

“It also says that you shouldn’t suffer a witch to live”

“Which is a mistranslation that the king had put in, it originally said tho shalt not suffer a poisoner to live, but to him all poisoners were witches and visa versa.”

“Why Bear didn’t you just declare yourself non religious?”

“I am, but at one point I dated a neo pagan, and she went on and on about it. Woman wouldn’t shut up.”

“That why you left her?” Trish gives him a sly look.

“No.” suddenly the conversation has an icy tone to it.

“Pff, no need to get defensive over it. Jeez. If you want to talk I’m here.”

“Yeah kid I’m sure.”

“So do you wanna tell me about Sparky?”

“No, the kids business is the kids business.”

“Oh come on” she says exasperated. “What the hell is the big deal? And what the f**k is up with this bullshit about facial scarring?”

“He is scarred. Right here.” Bear points a spot just above his eyebrow. “But you’ll never see it; it’s a soft spot for the kid. I only know about it because he got knocked once right above the spot, he when out like a fire. I took his s**t off to render aid.”

Trish nods once in understanding.

“Is it bad?”

“Real bad. If you stay with us long enough you may see it one day, but not any time soon.”

“What if he needs medical attention?”

“Then I’ll give it to him, in a past life I was a doctor.”

“Really? What happened?”

“Girl you a just rolling in stupid questions today.” The words were once again frigid.

“What’s wrong?”

“Our pasts are long gone, and no one on this team wants to reminisce and share stories, and that includes you I reckon.”

Trish slowly draws her lower lip into her mouth and begins to chew on it as she ponders.

“I suppose your right.”

“I thought so girlie. Now try and stay focused, there work to be done.”

Outside the storm begins to revive itself, a drop here, another there.

“What exactly are we looking for anyway?”

“the nest."

 

© 2009 Mey


Author's Note

Mey
I respectfully ask is that you dont critique my work or my grammar, but I welcome comments with open arms.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

238 Views
Added on August 25, 2009
Last Updated on December 28, 2009

Author

Mey
Mey

Home



About
I like to think of myself as a dark and talented individual. I like to think that what I write matters to someone. I like to think that by writing that someone, somewhere, will enjoy what I’ve w.. more..

Writing
Again Again

A Poem by Mey


Turbulence Turbulence

A Poem by Mey