Snow alt (boy 2 alt)

Snow alt (boy 2 alt)

A Story by Mey
"

Death's chill mingles with the falling snow

"

Snow slipped from the sky, each flake a paratrooper dropping into enemy territory burned alive by the flames below.

The storehouse they had kept him in was draped in flames fueled by the blood of the men he had killed.

He watched as the flames embraced the building, burning tendrils of fire licking the wood, the flames running their greedy lips over the brittle surface of the once proud structure, gagging on the snow coved wood. Smoke raced towards the heavens, a hungry beast, eager to meet the sky and extinguish the stars.

A slow smile slipped over the boy’s face, its venomous intent shining brighter than the fire that had brought it forth.

With a cool determination the lips split apart and a single word crawled from the hidden depths.

“Soon.”

With a twist the boy turned, the fire lighting his way and destroying his past.

The world beckoned and the boy began his quest; free of hope, free of fear, and free of remorse.

© 2009 Mey


Author's Note

Mey
I respectfully ask is that you don�t critique my work or my grammar, but I welcome comments with open arms.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very cool short story!
Enjoyable read ^_^

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 10, 2009

Author

Mey
Mey

Home



About
I like to think of myself as a dark and talented individual. I like to think that what I write matters to someone. I like to think that by writing that someone, somewhere, will enjoy what I’ve w.. more..

Writing
Again Again

A Poem by Mey


Turbulence Turbulence

A Poem by Mey