A Beautiful Deformity

A Beautiful Deformity

A Poem by Jackie Blissett
"

A poem inspired by a strange dream

"

A Beautiful Deformity


Willowy, wild and free
I wrap my earth in
a rooty embrace.
With curious fingers sway to the gods.
trace a way to the gods.

 

Then you came.

 

Tongue - sweet.
Drop silver words to slip and steal
between silken sheet leaves.

 

And you snatch me.
With greedy, clutching hands
you pluck me.
My downy fruit flush,
you take
and crush me.
My velvet and gold,
sold for a garland of flimsy words.

 

And you slice me down.
You bend and
shape me,
strip, saw break me.
Against my grain
again
you
take me.
Pin, polish
make me.
A freak to show.
A beautiful deformity.

 

Groundless.
My satin smooth back
hosts your desires.
My forever opened legs
carry the weight of your wants.
Hold you dinner parties.

 

By Jackie Blissett
 

© 2009 Jackie Blissett


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is the way i took this poem:
Its a portrayal of extreme sensual moments, written naturally.... with no room for it to be seedy and pardon the pun, because i recognize the metaphors are in line with nature. An image that takes over my mind is the one of two lovers wrapped around each other beneath green tress on a bed of more green leaves and the beautiful deformity is the positions of the bodies. Everyone takes things up different but the way i took it up was like that, and i loved that.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This could be taken in many ways. I like to look upon this as almost a "Sub"
kind of way filled with love and maybe some correction in need, but I'm probably wrong all together. I see a sensual taste on life but hardness forming in the heart.
Either way it was a beautiful poem to me and I can't wait to read more of your work.
Kelley Enzo

Posted 14 Years Ago


i loved the vivid picture this paints, balanced serenly with emotion, as though a reel is playing through your mind as you wrote, pausing at certain points, lingering on details....
fantastic.


Posted 15 Years Ago


Oh yes...

that felt good didn't it? to rave the pen loose with truth

Brilliant writing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Wow. LOVED this. My favorite line was

"You bend and shape me, strip, saw break me. Against my grain again you take me. Pin, polish, make me. A freak to show. A beautiful deformity."

Very sensual. Thanks for the reviews, by the way. Glad you liked them :)



Posted 15 Years Ago


Wow. I'm pretty much speechless. This is amazing. I especially like the last line. You use imagery well, and you spread it perfectly throughout the entire poem. Even though the ryhthm fluctuates, it never feels awkward or forced. It's completely natural and fluid. I can't wait to see more from you.

Posted 15 Years Ago


A tasty and delicious poem. That must of been one hell of a dream- a sensuous treat with a delicious wit about it. love the narration of the piece- a free spirit that was snared in passion and become molded and recreated -dice and sliced- into a stepford wife. A wicked poem- And you say you just started to pick up the pen- -one natural talent you have--never leave that pen again -we need writers like you....


my warmest
bob

Posted 15 Years Ago


Welcome, your words are beautiful, my velvet and gold sold for a garland of flimsy words.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I feel sort of broken after this poem. Perhaps my idea is wrong, but it started out with a passion and ended with a bit of bitterness. The words were fascinating and brought images behind my eyes as I read. Beautifully penned my friend! Indeed!

Janice Ann

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is absolutely beautiful, such a pleasure to read your poem.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

664 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 1, 2009
Last Updated on February 1, 2009

Author

Jackie Blissett
Jackie Blissett

Sorrento, Italy



About
I'm a forty year old english woman, although I still feel like I'm twenty-two. I got stuck there, don't really know how it happened, I just wish the ageing process and gravity agreed. I live in Sorr.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Close Call Close Call

A Poem by Melissa