Gravity.

Gravity.

A Poem by Michael

     We were more than interested in the complexities of the morning, rather lost moments stumbling into elevated steps towards the center of our gravity. Sinking deeper into the world of our hearts creation, perhaps this was perfection in the making or yet again maybe we have drifted away a little too far from home. Sharing the differences between sunsets among the tattered surface of broken skies, the restless urge for connection dividing interests in the alignment of our spirits.
     Determined to complicate the matter of these stars, harvesting the concern for the light bluntly stating, we all become consumed by darkness. Wasn't it you who once believed in the sunshine of eternity, forever lost within the confines of a broken smile. Treasures of distress upon the vast array of thoughts sinking deeper into the atmosphere, causing the creation of rugged diamonds to form within the harshness of thinning air. Such flawless imperfections lay waste within the agony of judgmental stares, stating that love was never meant for the lost.
     As if stricken with belief she stumbles with agony, reaching the fingertips of words held silent under the the weight of our worlds. She spins and rotates a dream as if analyzing the very concept of rest, while twirling and dancing her emptyness begins to appear as malice and beautiful as ever. I think about her, more often than sometimes. An image which gratifies the longing for excitement, enticing the petrified into a mural once painted by our love as an artistic rendition of others. And at once, we wash our eyes of this sin and start anew. 
    What words could have the decency to speak upon the beauty of her smile or better yet have the courage to stare into the collapsing abyss within such precious eyes, and with a sly advantage, lie as if every meaningless moment was beneath the control of pebbles thrown into a river, forever lost amoungst the stream. We were two stars floating a drift between skies that could never harbor our exsistance, her love meant to be the creation of a life which would prosper many generations of kin, who would want nothing more than to feel the breeze beneath the shore. I was hers and she was mine, we played a familiar tune across the universe painting sunsets with our hearts and leaving soft riddles with our minds. 
    So sweet yet humble, elegant and proud. We were a little more than reckless, stringing words like love around to create an ocean of theories or was it a web, I was never too great with words. Her imagination gave life to the inhabitable, spoke dreams to the restless, gave memories to the forgotten and even mended broken hearts for the price of a smile. How I love her with the intensity of a dying star, let alone the whispers of the future we should have shared. While I have spent a lifetime waiting for a love such as this, with thoughts that her heart was too far off against the horizon to visit. Out of all the pretty things she surrounds her lovely eyes upon, her life had led to mine. So whenever if ever you see the sky turn a slight purple haze as the sun begins to settle, beneath the clouds and thoughtful winds. Rest assured her smile can destroy the skies and bare beauty to the whole world, if only for an instant. Oh how I loved her, more often than sometimes. 

© 2014 Michael


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Amazing how you were able to flawlessly turn paragraphs into poetic form. The story within the poem was elegant, enriched vivid imagery and emotion. This a unique structure, a memorable impact. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice job!! I enjoyed every word of this,

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 9, 2014
Last Updated on September 9, 2014