~Prologue~

~Prologue~

A Chapter by Lost in Wonderland

You always think it'll never happen to you. Humans are funny that way. We all have this sense of immortality, thinking we're indestructable. I'm that way to-or was. That all changed 3 months ago on September 12th.

    I'm not really sure why it happened; I'm nothing special. Guess I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. And that place happened to be at Shelby park. It was just afer sunset, not 10 minutes ago had there been little children rnning around with shrieks of glee, swinging and climbing on the monkey bars without a care in the world. That place was my safe haven. I could go there and relax after a stressful day at school or escape from my parent's fighting. Nothing bad ever happened here.

   Glancing at my phone that night, I saw that it was nearly 9:00. My parents would kill me if I missed curfew. Reluctantly I stood from my bench with a heavy sigh, and headed home.

    "Miss!" Someone called. I paused, scanning my surrounding to see if the voice could be talking to anyone else. But no, the  streets were deserted to my left and no one was stupid enough to go into the forest on my right when it was dark. Hesitantly I looked over to the man and pointed a finger at myelf with a curious look. He nodded, a small smile toying at his lips. The man looked about thirty or so with scraggely stubble and messy, cropped auburn hair. He swayed slightly and looked unstable.

    "Y-yes?" I stuttered, backing away slightly, eyes darting everywhere for signs of people.

    "Can you help me with something?" He asked, grin widening as he steped closer, backing me into the dark green trees. I gulped.

    "Um...W-what do you need me to do?" I asked, fear twisting a huge knot in my heart. Beads of cold sweat dripped down my forehead.

    "Dance sweetheart." And with that he pilled out a sleek, black gun and started shooting at my feet. I Yelped and jumped a hundred feet off the ground. He repeated the action, forcing me further into the dense trees. His pursuit grew increasingly faster untill he was all out chasing me. I screamed for help over and over again making my throat sore. He just laughed.

    "That's right baby, scream! No one can hear you but me, and I find it damn attractive." I shuddered at the lust in his words and pushed on faster. That is until I tripped ona rock sending me  into a muddy face-plant. I wimpered as my ankle twisted unaturally. Trying to ignore the pain, I attempted to stand but fell back down as a sharp pain shot up my leg. With a tortued cry I hit the groud, defeat inevitable.

    Tears streamed down my blue eyes as I felt rough hands on my calfs pull me back. I clawed at rocks and roots, shreiking, but that just aroused and annoyed him more. He pulled me up and hit me hard across the face. I stumbled back, dazed. His lips were hovering just above my neck, breath hot and putrid.

    "Now now darling, its no use putting up a fight. Time to go home." He whispered, nipping my neck at the end, the hoisted me over his shoulder and taking me to his plack pick up truck after binding my wrists and ankles. He threw me in the trunk not even bothering to knock me out so he could savor my  screams and pleas for mercy.



© 2012 Lost in Wonderland


Author's Note

Lost in Wonderland
This is only a prologue since I will not go into incredible detail about her kidnapping. Don't know if I like Aspen getting kidnapped while walking home from a park, but its realistic. This is the ONLY time i will cuss in a story. I don't like to add sex or bad laguage to my stories but its fits with the character. Anyways tell me what you think!
God Bless and to Him be the glory

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice start and believable. Some typos but otherwise, a direct writing. I like it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Lost in Wonderland

11 Years Ago

Thanks:) I saw the typos, I'll try and fix those.
Lost in Wonderland

11 Years Ago

Hey just wanted to let you guys know I have chapter 3 up:)
I really like this. Its a very intresting start very nice progloue. You have captured a sense of relity here it is very good and really. It is a fast face thriller and something that will keep hold of the reader i think. Well done. It is my kind of story. Really well done will look forward to reading more. x

Posted 11 Years Ago


Lost in Wonderland

11 Years Ago

Hey just wanted to let you guys know I have chapter 3 up:)
Seanh12

11 Years Ago

oh cool thanks for letting me know will have a look soon
Lost in Wonderland

11 Years Ago

Thanks(:
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
hmm... interesting.. a intense start.. like everyone said you have captured reality here.. a fast face thriller...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Lost in Wonderland

11 Years Ago

thanks friend! :)
God bless
Lost in Wonderland

11 Years Ago

Hey just wanted to let you guys know I have chapter 3 up:)
I like this ^-^ It sparked my interested instantly with your opening paragraph. Your realism also captured my attention. I saw a few spelling and grammar mistakes, but that can all be fixed with a simple right click on your computer! ^^

It is sometimes good to go out of your comfort zone, as your true feelings and emotions are put behind it more so then something you are okay with. It takes a certain amount of courage to write a piece with the knowledge of this not being the real you.

Good job, and I will go onto the next chapter! ^^

- Keilan (:

Posted 11 Years Ago


Lost in Wonderland

11 Years Ago

Thank you kellin!
God bless:)
Lost in Wonderland

11 Years Ago

Hey just wanted to let you guys know I have chapter 3 up:)
scary but very realistic i am looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Lost in Wonderland

11 Years Ago

Hey just wanted to let you guys know I have chapter 3 up:)
Very scary...& it is realistic, even if it makes you uncomfortable (I'm assuming this because of you saying how you didn't like Aspen being kidnapped the way she was) and it made me uncomfortable. You are an amazing writer and I'd love to see where you go with this.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Lost in Wonderland

11 Years Ago

Thank you do much:) I'll have new chapters up this weekend!
CLUTZ

11 Years Ago

no problem.
that he pilled out-pulled out
Intersting prologue and i can't wait to read more. ^^

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
rnning around: running
I don't pay much attetion to the spelling but that was the first one I found. Except for that your prologue was great! I loved it! 100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


Lost in Wonderland

11 Years Ago

Thank you! God bless:)
.

11 Years Ago

You're welcome! :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

586 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 2, 2012
Last Updated on September 2, 2012
Tags: Kidnapping, Horror, Thriller, Fear, Desperation, Chapter, Book, Love


Author

Lost in Wonderland
Lost in Wonderland

Wherever my books take me



About
Hi I'm mickey:) Welcome to my page I've been on this sight for a couple of years now and enjoy getting my writing out there for the world to read:) I appreciate comments and will read anything you .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Dying Swan The Dying Swan

A Poem by AK