December

December

A Poem by Lost in Wonderland

Standing on the beach, Distant

But not really alone,

I watch the long brewing storm roll in.

For years the thunder had been

Just past the horizon

So I could ignore it with a child’s

Ignorant bliss.


But I am older now,

And the world deems me ready to see

The sun hurrying down,

Hiding from the dark, oppressive clouds.


It rains ruthlessness and resentment

In a harsh down pour of tears.

While Wind whips up vile words

The bite and rip and tear.

There are no survivors,

Just a quiet, forced surrender,

Because now I will always know

The truth I call December.

© 2013 Lost in Wonderland


Author's Note

Lost in Wonderland
I whitnessed a fight between family members on Christmas morning when I was 12. Sort of affected me. That's all I'll say 'cause it's family buisness. Hope you like it, God bless.
~Lost

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

so i was thinking this poem was born on the wrong month? hahah but then i read it carefully (as carefully as i could which means not so careful) and then read your note and everything started to make sense. really good usage of symbolism there. man, this thunder...seems really irritating. 'While Wind whips up vile words' nice alliteration. Only i feel that the very last line lost its desperate grip somehow. anyway, great work!

Posted 9 Years Ago


heart breaking. december is a wonderful yet tense time. i hope that things are happier now than they were then. great write though.

Posted 9 Years Ago


A riveting piece with compelling imagery.

Posted 10 Years Ago


beautifully expressed and quite meaningful. You've turned a moment of arguing family members into a beautifully expressed piece of literature. That is something you should be proud of. Great piece.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lost in Wonderland

10 Years Ago

thank you Kyle
First off, am sorry to hear about you fought with family members (but glad to hear that you was then only 12 when you fought so, it's fair enough.. Ha!)

Yeah! Nice poem, yeah, I liked this poem, your expressions of inside came out from the heart and poured into the words and explored the 'December' brightly with the kind beauty of yours. Thanks for penning the poem, it's very nice piece to read and of course to just imagine the feelings of 'December' especially when we're alone and think something like that about life to live in peace and with happiness of the world .. and live far from 'Hurt' and 'Pain' that the world gives at an every-step we put forward to reach higher.

It's an emotional poem, your true emotions're much expressed through the poem.
Thanks for taking some time for penning the poem to pour your emotions, your feelings, your pain, your scent into the frame of words.

By the way, I really hate seeing someone as beautiful as you feel 'Sad and passes through Pain' .. I hate seeing tears on someone face especially when the someone's just as same as you in your suite.

God bless you too!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lost in Wonderland

10 Years Ago

i didn't fight, it was others, But yeah, thanks for the review:)
Neon

10 Years Ago

Ah! I knew that an angel can never ever make some fight but love spreading her colorful light.
.. read more
Lost in Wonderland

10 Years Ago

haha your so nice:) thanks again
This is beautiful. I didn't think it very symbolical at first, so the end threw me off. Then I read the authors note and it was like the poem completely rewritten. Beautiful in the words you chose to use, but very sad and emotional within the story you told. I would say sorry, but look at the beauty that bloomed from it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lost in Wonderland

10 Years Ago

thanks for the review:)
A kid touched as I'm touched by this wonderful poem. Thank you for sharing...:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Many times adults won't realize how 'family business' can affect the children watching on the outskirts. I loved this, thank you for sharing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lost in Wonderland

10 Years Ago

Thank you for the review
I like it. The story is handed nicely with emotions.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lost in Wonderland

10 Years Ago

thank you
God bless
A child's innocence is easily corrupted. The world is too cruel under its civilized mask, and one glimpse could destroy innocence completely. I regret to say I am a person with an old soul. It was so long ago that I was naïve. I completely sympathize with this piece. Lovely write with haunting imagery and an important subject.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lost in Wonderland

10 Years Ago

thank you
God bless
Rose of Gondor

10 Years Ago

welcome :)
Have a nice day!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

641 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on September 5, 2013
Last Updated on September 5, 2013
Tags: Poetry, Storms, Family, Christmas morning, drama

Author

Lost in Wonderland
Lost in Wonderland

Wherever my books take me



About
Hi I'm mickey:) Welcome to my page I've been on this sight for a couple of years now and enjoy getting my writing out there for the world to read:) I appreciate comments and will read anything you .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..