Ten Little Words

Ten Little Words

A Story by M.E.Lyle
"

Written for a ten word contest.

"

Ten Little Words


A necklace made of pumpkin seed? How odd, I thought. But, then again, it was Halloween, a time for all sorts of oddness.

It had never been my ambition to dress up for Halloween. I don't know why, but I never felt the need to put on some silly costume in an to attempt to scare the bejesus out of some small child. Think of all the nightmares you might be responsible for, and besides, my brother already tells me I'm a freak show waiting to happen. Why give him anymore ammo to work with.

He and his gang of hoodlums were in the back room discussing all the mischievous things they were planning on doing this year.

I didn't mean to eavesdrop on their conversation, but my lack of common sense held me there like glue on a fly trap.

It wasn't until my baby sister arrived on the scene screaming, "Ellen, Ellen, you have to come quick, everybody is here wanting candy."

I walked to the door and was greeted there by ghost, goblins, and what I think was a swarm of honey bees.

But I think the kid that really took the cake was the one dressed in the Killer Mushroom costume.

A mushroom, really? How scary could a mushroom be?

Apparently plenty scary because it bent over and ate the neighbor child, head, arms, knees, feet, and all.

Then it let out a hearty burp, and licked its lips.

A mushroom with lips? Hmm, something didn't seem right here.

Children scattered for their lives, yelling and screaming, "Killer Mushroom, Killer Mushroom!!!"

I slammed the door, looked around, and realized, I had used up all of my ten little words and could continue no further.

The mystery of the Killer Mushroom lingers to this very day.


The Necklace

Pumpkin

Ambition

Eavesdrop

Lack

Common

Glue

Abandon

Swarm

Mushroom Truth


The Very End


© 2016 M.E.Lyle


Author's Note

M.E.Lyle
Well, this was fun.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

LoL now this is funny! I got a kick out this story right down to the last word. Thank you entering this into the 10 Words I Give contest. A real Treat!

Posted 7 Years Ago


haha indeed that was fun, Mike. a very clever use of the 10 words and a witty finish. you have a great imagination.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

259 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 18, 2016
Last Updated on June 19, 2016

Author

M.E.Lyle
M.E.Lyle

Wills Point, TX



About
So now I am 34 plus 40. Use the old math...it's easier. I'm an old guy who writes silly stories containing much too much dialogue. I can't help it, I just get stuck. I ride my bike trainer, our r.. more..

Writing
Meeting Kelli Meeting Kelli

A Story by M.E.Lyle


Sam Stone Hunter Sam Stone Hunter

A Chapter by M.E.Lyle


Sam Stone Fleora Sam Stone Fleora

A Chapter by M.E.Lyle