Thine Eyes

Thine Eyes

A Poem by Michael Carr
"

My first poem in almost two years. Love.

"

 

In thine eyes I see a swirling ocean.

Deep pools of ambrosia,

gathering by my waist,

swallowing me in their path.

 

From thy lips I taste divinity.

The goddess beauty

glorified by Apollo's rays.

Ravager of mankind.

 

Thy breasts be as pillows.

Thy skin of spun silk.

Thy breath, the word of God;

through it passes the life of being.

 

In thine eyes I see the window to your soul,

a blazing ember of light,

golden as the gates of Eden.

The purity of thy love.

© 2008 Michael Carr


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Nice job
you overstate the character.. too many "i" "my and "me..
and it switches from modern to olde english making the feeling inconsistant
if you revised this poem at least 3 times, in all areas, I think it would be nice,
the basic wording with no syllable syntax in flow made it choppy.
but i think this could be an excellent poem, keep writing.


Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Such beauty that moves over the mind deeply... Wonderful vivid expression of love and desire, so pure and perfect... There is both a vastness and an intimacy revealed in your poetic voice. Pure love few ever find...



Posted 12 Years Ago


I have a nagging suspicion that 'contemporising' the archaic 'thines', etc., will not detract from the poem and certainly won't subtract an iota of its strengths.

Posted 14 Years Ago


been a while since i've been on to comment your stuff (sorry about that). This is great. I do agree with the guy that commented below me though. Your language does switch up in time periods a bit much. If you cut back on that though I think you would be fine. Again.... great job :-)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow amazing

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I forgot I reviewed this before & now that I have read it again I have to tell you once again this has to be one of the most beautiful peices I have ever read! The imagry is amazing as well as the way it was wrote in old english!!! You did an amazing job on this piece!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
T
Awww this is beautifully put and lucky girl she is to be so adored. I love the use of olde English, I did not sense a break in the feeling being expressed, just beautiful.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is beautiful.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, it's odd to come back and see how different your writing is. I believe this is the first love poem I've read by you, and it's not bad. I like the sense of Old English in there, as well as the emotion I get from reading it. I can see this person means something to you.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

and your poetry is beautiful as well...romantic and beautifully penned

Lynda

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1531 Views
27 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on September 1, 2008
Last Updated on September 4, 2008

Author

Michael Carr
Michael Carr

Prosper, TX



About
My name is Michael Carr. I'm 20 years old now, god help me, attending UTD on a full ride scholarship in the Biology pre-Med program. IF YOU ARE READING THROUGH MY WORK FOR THE FIRST TIME, PLEASE HE.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..