Wicked Smile

Wicked Smile

A Story by Mina Argo
"

Short story inspired by a dream.

"
No one will ever believe me, so I might as well keep it to myself. The lake took me, pulling my hair and filling my nose. My socks got wet and took a texture I’ve never felt before. My school uniform was as dry as a raisin. I was clearly in a world I didn’t belong in. Those feelings were stuck to my body, no matter how hard I tried to push them away. Then, while I was dying, a big and violent hand took me out of that container and I felt grateful. While I explored the woods, I quickly blinked when I saw a man sleeping by a tree. The sound of violins became even stronger and I felt nostalgic. I missed something but I didn’t quite understand what it was. I got close to you and I just stood there, staring madly. Your eyes suddenly opened. ‘Red eyes and a wicked smile’, I thought. While my mind analyzed your features, with a deep voice you said: “Deep brown eyes, and no smile at all”. I wanted to answer but the lake arrived without a warning. He said, “Start running kid”. I didn’t want to leave you alone because, even though you looked much taller and stronger than me, there was a certain weakness to you. In what kind of world was I? A world where lakes could walk and every type of flower grew in winter. The only thing I was sure of was that it wasn’t home.  I always admired people who believed in things they couldn’t touch. Like friendship, like love. Yet, I couldn’t believe in something that was in front of me. You saw me afraid, but instead of comforting me you laughed. I closed my eyes and surprisingly, I found the last ounce of courage left in me. When I opened them, the lake I was so afraid of was frozen and lifeless. You walked to me and kneeled down to meet my face. “We’ll meet again”, you said. After that, you pushed me to the ground. While I was falling I broke through the grass and I felt myself transforming into molecules. Everything was black for a moment and then I recovered my senses. I looked around and I found myself sitting by the lake that I always passed by on my way home. A couple of years have gone by since then. I want to return to that place but what if I can’t come back? Maybe I’m a fool, but sometimes I can feel you watching me.  Every time I feel as if gravity is crushing me and at the same time my feet aren’t touching the ground, I know you’re there. 

© 2017 Mina Argo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this, you've written the piece so well. You've used some very descriptive language. My favourite line
'... the lake arrived without warning.'
I think that's going to stay with me all day.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mina Argo

6 Years Ago

thanks a lot!
Wow... That's really good! Whenever I have weird dreams, I write them down, and then forget where I put the paper, which defeats the entire purpose, but I like your writing style.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mina Argo

6 Years Ago

Thanks ! That also happens to me quite a lot haha

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

223 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 22, 2017
Last Updated on November 22, 2017
Tags: fantasy, mystery, dreams, short story, supernatural, adventure

Author

Mina Argo
Mina Argo

Phoenix, AZ



About
22. College student. more..