Son Lets talk for a minute...

Son Lets talk for a minute...

A Poem by Mind Giant
"

This a piece of writing that I wrote for my son some years ago...its near and dear to my heart

"

My son come and sit with me, we must talk. You are very young so u will not know until years down the road, the meaning of these words. So for the time being just sit there and listen. You must know that I love you, now and for ever. You are the reason why now under my chest there is a heart of a lion. The reason why my blood flows, like the rivers flow.

 

There is so much you must learn and together we will grow. Live life slow; give your self-time to grow. Hey, listen up… I know I have been talking for a few minutes, and your attention span has reached its limits. Some things you must know. Most who call themselves friends and swear to be there until the end, their words they will bend, to make way for them to be first. And in the desert with a cup of water in their hands they will let you thirst.

 

Your smile brings serenity to all who witness it. Mind your manners, be polite, and offer your help to those who might need it. Be kind but be strong. It is all right if at times you want to cry, it is all right. Choose your close friends with wisdom, remember you will win, but at times, you lose some. I was there with you when you first filled your lungs with god's air. When the time comes for first grade I'm going to be with you from the first to the last day. When graduation rolls around, I will be handing to you, your cap and gown. With a smile on my face, I will shake your hand. You will always be my little man. My best friend, my right hand man.

 

 Always tell the truth even though at times it may not seem like the best thing to do. When I look into your eyes, I see the strength of Goliath, but never forget that to be a great leader first you must learn to follow. Keep your heart pure; don't allow any one or anything to take control of whom you are. My son this life is beautiful and life short and is only as hard as we allow it to be. When ever you need me, just call and there I will be. You are a blessing from above, and every day I put my hands together and thank the lord.

© 2010 Mind Giant


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

533 Views
Added on March 28, 2010
Last Updated on March 28, 2010
Tags: son, family, love, god

Author

Mind Giant
Mind Giant

Miami, FL



About
This will be my very first attempt to actually try to write about me on the about me section. I hate to assume anything, but I am a habitual educated guesser. Everyone on this site loves to write for .. more..

Writing
The Writer The Writer

A Story by Mind Giant