Letters to Rachel

Letters to Rachel

A Story by Mira
"

This is different, but will continue. I hope you enjoy, more letters to be written. More suspense to be revealed. More secrets unravelled. More...everything! Stay updated. You won't regret it.

"
                                                                                                                           Brentwood street, Apart. 296
 Po box, 23473,
                                                                                                                           LIVINGSTONE

                                                                                                                           7th February, 2001. 

Dear Rachel, 

What's it like outside your window? That is a question I often ask, just to get to know a person. My name is Tomas, I live in Seattle with my elder brother Jon, my younger sister Tibby and my father, mother (Andrew & Grace). I want to write to you because I want to get to know you. You seem really nice. And your hair is really pretty. I have seen you once in person, I think, at a party. I am not going to go Into detail, but we were both stoned. Well, at least you were. I must say that the "stoned" you is very fun. However, scary. So, anyways, you stood up on the coffee table and announced, as if to the whole world, 
"I'M STONED. AND I'M GOING TO GO TO THE PARK, TO GO ON THE MONKEY BARS AND THE SEE-SAW. SEE-SAW. SEE-SAW." You said 'SEE-SAW' at least a good fifteen times. Everybody who could hear you began to laugh, except me. I, well, I just felt tremendously bad for you. You were a mess that night, and as you walked out the door to the park, I couldn't help but follow you. 
You didn't know where you were walking, did you? You walked 13-15 steps, I don't exactly remember- 13...or 15? So let's just say between that number. You walked either 13,14 or 15 steps before you slowly, very quietly sat down on the cold, frozen snow. Your eyes followed the stars above, and you looked absolutely amazed. I watched you looking at the stars; because I like it when people have fun. It's amusing to see, because many people have different ideas of fun. And your idea of fun is my idea of fun. I love watching the stars, stoned- or not stoned. I am very, very interested in the universe outside my universe. That is why Astronomy is my favorite subject as of now. I must go now- Rachel. I have to attend my best friend's mothers funeral. I will tell you about that later, It's a whole different story. 

Regards with Infinite love, 
Tomas. 

© 2016 Mira


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

a young man with a crush on a older girl,he lives in an apartment complex where he sees her window
he sits in his room staring at her through her window,he`s not a pervert,but he is in love with this young woman,he loves the stars and the sky and he sees himself walking with her under the canopy of the sky..

this is what i saw in your beautiful write,a novel for sure


Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mira

8 Years Ago

Wow, remarkable seeing the same thing through different eyes! Perspective does count in the end, aft.. read more
 wordman

7 Years Ago

well you said i had a vivid imagination,lol



Reviews

Nicely done. I'm curious to see where this goes. Tomas is obviously very taken by Rachel. I hope his feelings for her goes beyond the letter writing stage. Be sure to let us know.

Posted 6 Years Ago


sooooooooo tender and sweet. Wonderful. Love it very much


Posted 6 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I liked this letter a lot. I miss the days of letters. Letters are more personal. I liked your thoughts and topics in the letter. Not a lecture but a kind letter filled with memories and places. Thank you Mira for sharing the amazing letter. I did like it.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


Hi! it took me ages to come around here, and Im now going tru your work.
Im curious to see what will come after.. Since this seems like an introduction too more story.
I really liked the quote "I am very, very interested in the universe outside my universe."

I wait for more coming from you and II hope you continue this story about Tomas and his crush.

In a side note I would like to say that the paragraph about counting her steps and what not was a bit out, Although I think you were trying to point out how much he was paying attnetion to her, I think you can change this sentence to something more... heart felt... or less creepy... Unless that is what you are going for... Because it gave me the impression he was counting her steps until she died from a gun shot wound or something..

I rated it 100 anyway because im happy about reading something different. It was original

Regards, Laura

Posted 7 Years Ago


It think this was nice, young guy with a crush who prefers letters to phonecalls. One suggestion though. "you walked 13 or 15 steps..." If he was stoned like she was, how was he able to count so clearly?
Still a pretty nice work Mira. :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


a young man with a crush on a older girl,he lives in an apartment complex where he sees her window
he sits in his room staring at her through her window,he`s not a pervert,but he is in love with this young woman,he loves the stars and the sky and he sees himself walking with her under the canopy of the sky..

this is what i saw in your beautiful write,a novel for sure


Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mira

8 Years Ago

Wow, remarkable seeing the same thing through different eyes! Perspective does count in the end, aft.. read more
 wordman

7 Years Ago

well you said i had a vivid imagination,lol

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

419 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 24, 2016
Last Updated on April 24, 2016

Author

Mira
Mira

Bangalore, Karnataka, India



About
Hi! My name is Mira and I have had a passion for writing and reading for almost three years now. I appreciate all reviews and just send me a message if you would like to me to review some of your .. more..

Writing
Savitri's Legend Savitri's Legend

A Story by Mira



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Ether Ether

A Story by Philip Muls


Half of half Half of half

A Poem by Nomo