Foreign Love Affair- Ch.2

Foreign Love Affair- Ch.2

A Chapter by icefairy88

I lazily dragged my tired butt out of bed and trudged down the stairs. I heard the sizzle and the savory smell of fresh bacon. Days when mom made breakfast were the best.


“Hey, sweetheart! Sit down and eat, I don’t want you to be late for school.”


“Okay, okay.” I sat down and dug into all of the delicious food my mom had oh so graciously made.


“After school, do you think you could run to the mall for me? I need you to buy that necklace we saw at Forever 21 for Maggie.” My mom asked. Maggie was my cousin, and her birthday was coming up soon.


“Yeah, sure. But I gotta go get ready for school, thanks for the food!” I said as I ran up the stairs to brush my teeth and get dressed. I glanced in the mirror and sighed. I swear, I’m a magician when it comes to my hair. Sometimes I don’t know how I tame this monstrous beast. I decided to just throw it up in a ponytail today. Afterwards, I put on my makeup and headed for school.


It was just like any other day, classes trickling slowly by. It felt as though every day was the same lately. I was so desperate for a change. Anything. I had most of my classes with Elise, luckily, so I talked to her most of the time. The end of the day arrived and I said bye to Elise as I headed for my car. I looked around the parking lot when I spotted Derek. I glanced at him, and when our eyes locked I quickly looked away. He looked…hurt? Probably just trying to make me feel bad because I didn’t answer his text. Whatever. I got into my car, turned on some Mayday Parade, and headed for the mall. I stopped on the way there to get gas, and I was surprised at how long it had taken. It was already 4:00, and I was supposed to meet Elise at my house for a Game of Thrones marathon I had taped earlier. It was our secret obsession. I skimmed around Forever 21 and quickly found the necklace, paid for it and headed out of the store, when I spotted an adorable shirt at Pac Sun. I knew it was late…but c’mon, I needed a couple new shirts. So I decided to go in and browse for a few minutes, and of course buy the shirt I saw. I headed for the register when I heard a faint foreign  accent. I had to admit, I was a sucker for a cute accent. Who isn’t? I walked up to the table and accent boy started to ring me up. I had to avert my eyes to keep from staring…He was gorgeous. Dark brown hair, long, but not too long. Icy blue eyes and a cute smile. He was also pretty tall, which was adorable. Myself, well, I was pretty short. It had its setbacks, but I didn’t mind. Lost in thought, I didn’t realize accent boy had been trying to talk to me.


“Miss? Your total is 15.27.” He repeated, and I felt my cheeks get hot. I could be such an idiot sometimes.


“Oh, uh..right, here you go.” I stammered as I handed him a twenty. He smiled and gave me my change. I quickly said thank you made my way out of Pac Sun.


When I got into my car, I sat and silently cursed myself for not getting his name. Not like I could have asked without making a fool out of myself, but I desperately wanted to know his name. I felt like I had seen him before…I just wasn’t sure where. I drove home, remembering Elise was waiting for me. I wasn’t sure if I should tell her about my encounter with accent boy at the store just yet. Knowing her, she would drag me by my ears and take me back there, just so I could properly introduce myself to him. That wasn’t gonna happen. So, I decided to keep this bit of information to myself. I walked in and was greeted by Elise shouting a “Hey! Finally you’re here! I kinda already started watching Game of Thrones…but you haven’t missed much." I laughed and sat beside her.


“So, why were you so late? Sneaking around behind my back?” She joked. I nervously laughed, remembering accent boy.


“...Okay, what’s going on? I can tell when you’re hiding something, Addie!” She said, and I sighed as I assured her it was nothing. She shrugged and went back to watching Joffrey be a complete d****e on the show. After our marathon was over, Elise left and I headed for bed. I was still thinking about whether or not I should “casually” go back to Pac Sun or not. I decided it might be a little creepy, so as much as I wanted to, I decided I shouldn't. I headed off to bed, dreading another long day of school tomorrow.



© 2012 icefairy88


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Its actually not a personal experience :) I wish it was, though!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Hoping there is another chapter, and is this a personal experience, asking on the account of the small details.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

275 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 29, 2012
Last Updated on May 29, 2012
Tags: Foreign, love, affair, teen, romance, school