Foreign Love Affair- Ch. 4

Foreign Love Affair- Ch. 4

A Chapter by icefairy88

A man’s voice started, the stage empty and dark. Suddenly, a single spotlight appeared on the stage, yet no one was there.


“Two households, both alike in dignity. In fair Verona, where we lay our scene..” The man was reading the prologue to the play. When he was finished, two men stepped onto the stage. I recognized them from the hallways, two juniors whos names were Eric and Justin. They played Sampson and Gregory. They said their appropriate lines, and finally, Benvoilo and Tybalt came out on the stage. Benvolio was always my favorite person in the play, while Tybalt was one of my least favorites. I recognized Ethan Peris to be playing him, a sophomore who was in my lunch hour. Tybalt…I couldn’t quite place who was playing him. But when he spoke, my heartbeat increased rapidly because I definitely recognized that voice. It was Derek. Since when did he try out for the school plays? And when was he ever good?! I focused my attention to Benvolio, and before I knew it, Romeo had stepped onto the stage. I knew Elise was next to me, silently freaking out about how cute he was. I had to admit..whoever was playing him, did look very cute.


The play continued, and I kept getting distracted by little things, or spacing out, so I barely saw any of it. I felt sort of bad, but I couldn’t help it. Whenever I did look up, “Tybalt” was staring straight at me when he was on the stage. It was so creepy. I started to pay more attention to the play, and when Romeo looked in my direction, I jumped. It was accent boy! ACCENT BOY WAS PLAYING ROMEO?! How cliché can it get. Elise noticed me jump, and gave me a funny look. I just shrunk into my seat, hoping no one else noticed. I tried to keep my attention on the other cast members, but It was so hard to not stare at Romeo the entire play.


Eventually, the play ended and everyone who performed got a standing ovation. When I was paying attention, it was a really good play. All of the people in the play came and greeted everyone and gave hugs. I didn’t know whether or not I should talk to accent boy..maybe tell him how great he did? But im sure he already knew that, so I just sat in my seat. I couldn’t help notice all of the s****y girls flock to him like he was a piece of meat and they were a cougar. When Elise was finished talking to people, we left the school.


“Didn’t you just LOVE the play?! I know I did!” Elise bubbled.


“Yeah, it really was awesome.” I agreed.


“So who was your favorite character? I told you Romeo was going to be smokin’. I wish I could have talked to him before we left…” Elise said.


“Romeo was okay. Seemed kinda cocky.” Of course I didn’t think that, but I still didn’t want Elise to know about my encounter with him.


“Well I’m definitely going to talk to him at school. I wonder what grade he’s in….” Elise went on with her babbling about Romeo, and I gazed out of the window. I knew I shouldn’t be getting caught up in a boy, especially one who probably doesn’t even remember me. I pushed him out of my mind, and out of my mind was where he was going to stay.



© 2012 icefairy88


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
Added on May 29, 2012
Last Updated on May 29, 2012
Tags: Foreign, love, affair, teen, romance, school