Nights Not Discussed

Nights Not Discussed

A Story by Mirjana Ilic
"

Night time activities, which may or may not be, better kept secret.

"
I was sitting alone when you came. Around me my friends danced, threw their limbs from side to side to the rhythm. It was a song I didn't know, so I sat, vodka in one hand, cigarette in the other. I watched them, and then I watched you as your graceful steps made their way over to me. You pulled up a chair and sat down. Almost immediately did my nostrils pick up your faint scent. I have never been that attracted to a smell before.
You said something to me and I replied before taking another sip, hoping its affects would come on stronger any second now. I offered you some and you gulped it down horribly fast. I could see vodka wasn't your preference by the way to tried to suppress the grimace on your face. You handed it back and I took another sip before I placed it on the table. I took a drag.



You had taken my by the hand, lead me through the door, and pushed me onto what I assumed was your bed. I don't even remember when I took my heels off. My dress came of with ease as your lips began to caress my collar bones. My hands ran through your hair and I inhaled that scent of yours. You laid me down and I cautiously touched your chest, the small hairs scratching my fingers. I pulled you closer to the point where you were lying on top of me. I could feel you on every inch of my body. Your knees on my shins and your hands on my waist.
I breathed you in like I did every puff of nicotine. Your 5 o'clock shadow left scratches against the whole of my torso as I let out soft breaths of unwanted pleasure. I grabbed at your lips with my own and held you there, feeling the taste of your saliva on my tongue. You didn't wait long before throwing me over you. I released the weight of my body on yours and kissed your lips, neck, chest.



I woke with your arm around my shoulders, my head on your chest. Through the window early morning rays filtered through, illuminating us in dusty light. I looked over to your square jaw and breathed you in again, deep into the pit of my tarred lungs. It left me uneasy, that smell of yours. I ran my pointer finger along the crease in you chest which was raising softy, like the morning tides.
I looked back around me and searched the room for my things. The bedroom was actually quite in order, minus my underwear and your shirt, as well as all our other articles strewn across the floor. I stood up quietly, replacing the blanket on top of you. I gathered my things, got dressed and left.

© 2015 Mirjana Ilic


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I don't have a large review for this one. But despite the build up in this one night stand, and nice descriptions as always, I left the story feeling sad.

Reminded me a LOT of a song called Number 1 Party Anthem, which is about a guy trying to pick up a girl at a bar, who seems to be more than willing to be "picked up". But the song is written somewhat somberly. I think you had the same feel here. Good times, but with the detail of the vodka and smoke, and not even their names being revealed in story, both characters knew there wasn't really a future for them.

Well that's my interpretation lol.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Mirjana Ilic

8 Years Ago

And AM are the bomb, just saying
Marcel Grant

8 Years Ago

Ugh sounds like a jerk! >=(

Yeah they are!



Reviews

Great use of the senses and I also felt like she was just going through the motions at some

I could see vodka wasn't your preference by the way to tried to suppress the grimace on your face was my favorite line haha

Thanks for sharing!


Posted 8 Years Ago


Mirjana Ilic

8 Years Ago

Thank you :)
I don't have a large review for this one. But despite the build up in this one night stand, and nice descriptions as always, I left the story feeling sad.

Reminded me a LOT of a song called Number 1 Party Anthem, which is about a guy trying to pick up a girl at a bar, who seems to be more than willing to be "picked up". But the song is written somewhat somberly. I think you had the same feel here. Good times, but with the detail of the vodka and smoke, and not even their names being revealed in story, both characters knew there wasn't really a future for them.

Well that's my interpretation lol.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Mirjana Ilic

8 Years Ago

And AM are the bomb, just saying
Marcel Grant

8 Years Ago

Ugh sounds like a jerk! >=(

Yeah they are!
Very passionate! I loved it!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mirjana Ilic

8 Years Ago

Thank you thank you ":)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

385 Views
3 Reviews
Added on May 27, 2015
Last Updated on June 28, 2015
Tags: short story, cigarette, alcohol, fiction, vodka, night, love

Author

Mirjana Ilic
Mirjana Ilic

Bela Crkva, Serbia



About
I wanted to make movies until I realized it's a lot cheaper to write. more..

Writing