Wandering

Wandering

A Story by Nina St. Moritz
"

I was inspired by one of my story ideas. This is a monologue I plan to place in that story whenever I start writing it.

"
From the moment I was born, I could not see. I was blind; I saw nothing, knew not where to go. So when I took my first steps, I started in a random direction and kept walking. I was clueless as to where I wanted to go, where I was heading, but I put one foot in front of the other. I never stopped.
And one moment, I was able to open my eyes, only for a second, and I saw where I was. I saw where my life was at, and I was content with it. But life is a freeway; we can't just pause and admire the view in the middle of the lane. So I kept walking, and my eyes closed once more. I was blind once more.
Then I met him. He swept me off my feet in the way every woman dreams of. He stole my breath, my dreams, and so much more. And when he held me, I found I could open my eyes and keep them open. I could look at the world around me and not have to fall back into darkness. I could stop and see the sights without fear of being hit from behind.
But then, he threw me, without warning. And I was flying through space, far away from him, my freeway, everything I thought I had known. And than I was falling, speeding towards the ground that I found I could not see. And he wasn't there to catch me. I landed, broken, tortured, and sightless once again. I wondered where I was supposed to go from there.
Yet life is a freeway, constant. Even if I landed in an alien lane, I was still forced to move on, blind though I was. And now I travel on, stumbling, wandering, and sightless, continuing on this path that I must keep. Because I hope that eventually, I will be able to open my eyes again, just for a second, and see that despite the upheaval he put me through, I have found my life again. Even if it is different, changed because of him, I hope that when I can once more leave my blindness behind for a moment and see where I am, I will find that was content once again.
I am blind.
I have hope.
I will wander.

© 2012 Nina St. Moritz


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1084 Views
Added on June 12, 2012
Last Updated on June 12, 2012
Tags: love, heartbreak, wandering, blind, life

Author

Nina St. Moritz
Nina St. Moritz

Near San Bernadino, CA



About
25. Female. California. Wattpad: http://wattpad.com/MissPotionsOwl NaNoWriMo: http://nanowrimo.org/participants/Monstaccato Email: [email protected] more..

Writing