The river of fear

The river of fear

A Poem by Ana B.

The river knows what I want to say

Singing his long history everyday…

Just like us. It has its number of drops

Feels like it flows forever…then one day it stops…

 

Why am I here?

So I could wither and fear?

This eternal spring which never stops flowing…

Yet the fear ends where it begins the knowing

 

Soon I will ascend my soul…when my eyes will close

And it will step up, where the river mysteriously flows

Maybe I came here to learn some things…

Or maybe I’m teaching someone…unknowingly it seems…

 

Maybe I’m showing things through my pair of eyes

Cause there are so many ways to find where the truth lies…

So who am I - apprentice or master

Collecting the seeds of the beauty and of the disaster…

 

My ultimate purpose…if only I knew…

But sooner or later all of us do

Trembling in fear … wishing we knew…

Trembling again…when we do.

© 2015 Ana B.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

you are certainly here teaching us about poetry, living your life on this stage in which we all play is about learning in every way possible, the more we gain the greater our future beyond this world, the story goes on forever and we move from stage to stage be it here or heaven we grow in spirit until we enter into the one true light and are absorbed back to the being of God, you inspire me so much Ana, thank you :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ana B.

9 Years Ago

To hear such words.....a dream i never realized i had. Thank you my good friend :)
we are born to die ,and we have every thing in between,but when we die we are born again
this time without end you wrote a great write

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ana B.

9 Years Ago

thank you very much !
 wordman

9 Years Ago

you are welcome
U are my Inspiration! U are an AMAZING Poet! I love love love reading Ur stuff! The way Ur poem flows. The rhythm. It's very meaningful .... EVERYTHING IS JUST SO PERFECT! And I loved the line "My ultimate purpose if only I knew .. But sooner or later all of us do" WOW! It's the thought on every mind and U captured it Beautifully in words! I AM UR HUGE FAN!!!! *_* :*

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ana B.

9 Years Ago

You are very nice dear Dreamer :) Thank you greatly!!!
Destiny Dreamer

9 Years Ago

U are WELCOME! :) :*
life is a conundrum and we must exist with all it throws at us... like the river you so eloquently describe, flows, stops, drops, and it floods and dries... we tremble from fear in not knowing our true purpose and tremble still when we figure it out (whenever that is). I enjoyed this stroll along your river, thanks!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ana B.

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much for reading it :)
as Adams said, there are so many layers, so much depth to that flowing river...and when it gets bottled up, we have trouble finding the words to express---both verbally and also in written form...

we teach with our words...because others can see reflections of themselves...but at the same time we are apprentices in a poet's life...trying to learn ourselves and find our way.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ana B.

9 Years Ago

being human comes with a price and a prize.....thank you Jacob :)
The frame of life and death; love and fear; romance & "Hum"; echoes & serenity's found in your poetry. A very beautiful description you've portrayed here... by comparing life with river & the love with its layers / fluent water-flow... looks like such 'river-y' things take the heart to those days where and when (2-Ws) once the spirit got lived with the duality of life.
I like your words: "Just like us. It has its number of drops... feels like it flows forever…then one day it stops…" So softly pen'd up. Beautiful imagery. Well written!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ana B.

9 Years Ago

:) A most wonderful thing to say, Thank you very much dear reader :D

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1261 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 12, 2015
Last Updated on April 12, 2015


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..