I Am Art

I Am Art

A Poem by modtoddinc
"

Metaphor remember

"

I need an outlet... Not a copper penny But definitely a shock A return to zero Flat. Straight Line. Described by some as "Follow the light" Or, "God, not tonight" But I am dark. An all absorbing ink I conquered the light Long ago, Now I think Trying, I survive Humbled to myself as I Dwell and worry... It's morosely pleasing To be less than The call, or in a hurry As is truth grossly squeezing To be more than Its parts, So Am I... bursting as The Arts suffering and manipulating The order of waste I must create... Anew am I Viewers look, Judge and debate As I wait... and wait and still wait. For Ever and ever and ever And ever, Again.


A Live Wire.

© 2017 modtoddinc


Author's Note

modtoddinc

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's been a while since I read your work, and I'm glad I read this.

Posted 7 Years Ago


modtoddinc

7 Years Ago

Thanks I want to edit 😆
I liked the old saying. "The older I get. The less I know."
"Trying, I survive
Humbled to myself as I
Dwell and worry... "
The above lines is the norm for the most of us. Thank you my friend for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


you painted a great description of your feelings
the music was great with the poem

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

287 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 28, 2016
Last Updated on January 7, 2017

Author

modtoddinc
modtoddinc

Tacoma, WA



About
I write what I feel with honesty, and integrity. I love art in all it's forms, especially poetry and multi-media. I love to read, watch movies, play music, and study comparative mythology. I hope to o.. more..

Writing
2022 2022

A Poem by modtoddinc



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..