Ricky

Ricky

A Chapter by Skull

Curled in the corner of a forsaken warehouse, young Ricky was panting heavy and in tears. He's trapped, alone, stuck in the darkness. Silence soon engulfed Ricky and an even greater fear struck into his heart. He looked around frantically trying to find even the slightly glimpse of hope or light, but it was nothing but pitch black. All he could see was the blur of his hands; his vision steadily getting worse from the tears and fumes from left-opened paint cans and other chemicals being stored in the warehouse.  
    Why? Why is this happening? Why to him? What did he do to deserve this? He was a good man. He raised his family right, treated his wife like a queen, paid everything on time. He was only 27 and done everything morally correct, yet he ended up in the pits of a godless hell. These thoughts and more filled Ricky’s head as he began to go into a state of hyperventilation and extreme panic. His body soon drenched with his sweat and his breathing getting sharp.
    His heart nearly skipped a beat when he heard a banging coming from the warehouse’s door. He couldn’t exactly pinpoint the place due to his panic and the darkness, but he could tell it was close. He quickly scurried his way back up against the wall as much as he could to get as far away from the banging as possible. With every bang it seemed to get louder, and more angry. His heart began pounding hard against his chest, faster and faster every second. He could hardly stand it. He wanted this all to end, and he knew it would soon one way or another.
    The banging getting louder, closer to Ricky was putting him into a state of beyond panic. Soon, it was coming from every wall of the warehouse, not just the door. He was surrounded and there was no possible way for young Ricky to escape. His fate was sealed. He could do nothing but prey, and prey he did. He got on his knees and started to beg God to allow him to live. He would do anything for just a glimmer of hope. But nothing came but the sounds of the bangs against the warehouse.
    He fell to his hands and knees and let out a terrified yell. A constant flow of tears now poured from Ricky’s eyes. The bangs now seeming to be just inches from Ricky’s ears. He put his hands over his ears to muffle the bangs but it was pointless, they were coming from inside Ricky’s head. He opened his mouth to yell yet again to drown out the bangs, but he instead dry heaved and seconds later puked up nothing but stomach acid and water. It burned his throat and all he could taste was the salt of his tears.  
    He couldn’t stand this hell any longer. He wanted it to stop. He wanted silence and to be home with his family. His breathing got so sharp it felt as though his lungs were being ripped apart. His heart pounding faster than it ever has before. His vision completely gone. Nothing but the bangs filled Ricky’s head, louder than a passing train. He let out another desperate yell to drown them out, and then went completely still.
    His chest hurt as if it were being stabbed by a dull blade. His arm, gone completely numb. The bangs now replaced with a loud, constant ring. He could no longer taste his tears, or anything. He let out a few sharp breaths of panic and toppled over onto his side. There he lies, still as a statue and just staring off into space. Ricky finally got one thing he wanted, the banging had stopped.


© 2010 Skull


Author's Note

Skull
Just something I wrote on the spot. Didn't go through to edit or anything. This is the first and last draft.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

371 Views
Added on May 9, 2010
Last Updated on May 10, 2010
Tags: Ricky, warehouse, banging, heart attack, mental, all in your head


Author

Skull
Skull

About
I don't really know what to say about me. I like to write, hence the reason I am here. I write various things and I don't have a set genre I stick with. If I think it, I write it... So, umm... yea .. more..

Writing
Who am I? Who am I?

A Poem by Skull


Projection Projection

A Book by Skull