Just round midnight

Just round midnight

A Story by MoriartyMesa
"

With a great deal of recent events and reading many comments on what is happening in The Muslim World. I am breaking my normal tone.

"
By now the entire world is seeing, tweeting, streaming, and over all talking about the events in Libya. Yesterday, the American ambassador, along with three other Americans and who knows how many other innocent lives last died in a rocket attack and massive riots that stretched and remains stretching across North Africa.  The riots of the Muslim faith had felt the film portraying Prophet Muhammad was not only disrespectful but out right insulting the the Muslim Faith and in all times of rage an anger, one group or another took it to the extreme. Some wrapped black scarfs around their faces, other stood resolute in the eyes of the world, demanding freedom of speech should have responsibility of it's actions. Many chanted holy and ancient verses as they stormed the streets. Others demanded the withdraw of a foreign invader whom pushed their beliefs on to a native people, whom never asked for the foreign invader to preach his ideology. With buildings becoming ash, frighten people remain in home waiting for an eye of the storm to appear. Many wait in hopes a peaceful end will come soon, other prey and ask their prophets for help in a troubled time.

The fire has also been fueled by many across the Atlantic in a land where the seat of power is up for grabs in the next few months. In a moment and time of Political changing, (perhaps even a changing of the guards) on the same day as the memory of another tragedy has taken place a short eleven years past. If the nation could not be divided by Political gassing, it would be divided on who is to blame and the why. While people hid in their homes on the other side of the world, as troops begin to make that steady pace in waiting for orders that might very well take their lives, our Political courtiers stop from normal mud hurling to a stronger tone of anger and reassessment as taken to comment sections on all media outlets to levels that may not have been seen in America since the New York Draft Riots of 1863. No one was burning or looting Park Avenue but took to the air waves and comment sections with the verb of The Night of The Long Knives. Those comments called for:

 Mass bombings, military occupation, than with drawl, than occupation again and last but not least the call for a 'Solution'. (When people use that word while talking about an entire race that makes your writer a little nervous)

 A word that took my grand father to the shores of Normandy, and my uncle to the Jungles of South East Asia. The comment sections, air waves, tweets, re-tweets, Facebook updates demand action, swift, unapologetic action in the style of 'Sherman to the Atlantic' (except Ole Wild Billy Sherman tried to provide for the innocence, no one seems to want that). No many are demanding a total sweep and clear, one politic commentator demanded the leveling of all Pyramids in order to establish a new series of Churches in order to 'enlighten' the people of the lands of the Pharaoh. (no bullshit, this guy had about 800 likes for writing that). But while people write and demand the President takes action, others believe he is some how involved in what they consider 'The Great Muslim Conspiracy'. While a few very minority group of people (myself among them) question how so many people are quick to demand not just blood, but a total annihilation of an entire people.

For my own part, I can say with out any second thought. That I am not only the last of my blood line, but I am genuinely one the of fourteen remaining 'saas-muc yucatec'. So for me hearing that so many of my 'countrymen' are willing, with out second thought to write such things. Honestly makes me question a lot of things, now naturally none of these people who write comments to the effect of 'Kill em all' would actually harm another living soul. But the fire of what some would consider "Preaching Genocide" does sort of amaze me. Esp, if the person who writes the statement claims to be of the Christian faith, supports the troops, believes in Planned Parenthood, or a million other reasons they feel the need to state what a great person they are before calling for the heads of people they don't know. The burning of books they have never read, or have anything to say about a religion they know nothing about. Now some may be asking yourself, "as M.M. read the Qur'an?"
  Well my dear readers I will be up front and honest. I skimmed through one a few times looking for poetry and the poetry I read was pretty spectacular. Can't quote any of it and I refuse to copy and paste in order to establish my bona fide's. The world will spin as long as it has the strength to keep on doing so, but my main thoughts rest on the millions screaming for blood of people they will never know or ever see. While an over excited mother screams at her son's teachers for allowing 'bullies' to walk around the school brutalizing people, the same lady will log on her Twitter and demand the blood of people that in now way shape or form effect her personally.

When does one frame of morality supersede any form of lack of empathy? This morning while buy bread, two men as athletic as John Goodman gassed about how they would be there 'fighten them towellies and drop the bomb like we did to the Japs and that'll fix'em sure enough man!". So being a complete and total a*****e, I asked "Really, well the Army recruiter if across the street, he would love to have two, um, patriotic boys like yourselves fighting." Words can not express their faces, the fatter one looked like he was going to have a Heart Attach (i am guessing it was the idea of running), while the other had the same look a guy would have if someone just walked up and kicked him in the balls. "Well hell I would love to, but my mom just got a divorce and she really needs me." And with a smile that is only mastered by someone who enjoys watching people chock on their own words (yes me) I asked his friend. "Um, i just got a job as delivery driver for Round Table." So I smiled bought my bread and left the boys to their 4 massive Mt.Dews, bags of Candy and 99 piece frozen buffalo wings.

When did we come to this strange point in our own Western Morality? In an era of creating Black Matter in a laboratory, sending props into space, discovering planets that are near exact to Earths own gravity and air? And a mother of three living in a nice part of town (gated community) can demand death like she was ordering a coffee, how far have we really come? Once a British Officer months before one of the greatest military disasters in history had wrote, "Until such savages are sufficiently civilized to understand and abide by decisions arrived at by arbitration, than we must have war. No other way enlighten savage people." Three months later he was laid dying with from a Russian saber cut, bleeding from neck to groin, the last words he must have heard was his commanding officer saying "It was no fault of mine". In death, vanity and finger pointing seem to be the only way people can move on.






I disagree with that.



In closing, I do not write this to say "shame on these people or same on those people" I guess I am honestly saying, shame. Shame that events happened, shame things got so far out of control. Shame that the screaming for unknown blood will go on, shame on the ones hoping to turn this to their advantage. Shame on the self inflated egos of the world.

Shame no one courts common sense any more.

© 2012 MoriartyMesa


Author's Note

MoriartyMesa
I am not taking sides, not saying what is right or wrong. But I have the common sense not to pretend to be something I ain't. I am a hack writer, and I enjoy it.

But sometimes it takes a Hack to recognize real stupidity when it happens.


p.s. this will not be sent out in RR, that would be wrong.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You make so many salient points here . All life is sacred and eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. What happened in Libya cannot be condoned , the reaction by Americans you describe is just as abhorrent. I am sure there are good folk on either side of this divide I hope that clearer more humane heads will prevail . Though I suspect as a species we are doomed to repeat history ad nauseum . Thought provoking write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I agree for the most part with you, I also agree completely with Kailer comment

Couple other points, these are the same people who were begging for our help when they were in the middle of overthrowing Gaddafi, and this is their tolerance?

Their ideology is disgusting at best, one no here i bet would allow for it, and I have no problem saying yes I judge it so.

Perhaps if they did not act in mob fashion and did not desecrate America bodies, chop off heads and so forth, they might get a better reception.

And finally, what you do hear is the saber rattling of people who are pissed off in general about muslim violence and specifically the disgraceful treatment these dead Americans received.

The politics of why we are here or there and in bed whom is another story....

Posted 11 Years Ago


Your no hack fella this is good work. This is messy and energetic, provocative and contrary, most of all it is honest and heartfelt.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Every point you make here is a good one. I guess what really happened to call for blood is the murder of those Americans . . . I mean, just imagine if that ambassador had been a member of your family? And people mock Christianity and the Bible all the time, mostly on American sit-coms . . . but of course Christians today don't blow up the studios.
This was a complex read, but what I like most about it is your call to common sense. You're definitely right--the world is too lacking in it.

(By the way: what is a 'hack writer'? I'm not familiar with the term)

Posted 11 Years Ago


You make so many salient points here . All life is sacred and eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. What happened in Libya cannot be condoned , the reaction by Americans you describe is just as abhorrent. I am sure there are good folk on either side of this divide I hope that clearer more humane heads will prevail . Though I suspect as a species we are doomed to repeat history ad nauseum . Thought provoking write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

396 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 30, 2012
Last Updated on September 12, 2012
Tags: Politcs, Faith, Common Fucking Sense

Author

MoriartyMesa
MoriartyMesa

GONZOLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!, CA



About
I am back! And in the word's of someone i met at a bus station. I cant remember. more..

Writing