Two Gun Table

Two Gun Table

A Poem by MoriartyMesa
"

A western,

"
Once there was this feller who rode this Tennessee stud, this horse was near gold with emerald eyes,

The feller was known to some folk in the south west, as "The Two Gun Table".

Thick black whiskers, with that fancy English Cavalry swagger thats all the rage in the east.

Mounted Rifleman, Green tunic, in matching buck skin jacket an trousers and polished boots.

The famous R.A.M.R. bandoleer, the Lions mouth and chain got that nice polished silver.





But what took my eye's, was them cross draw colts.

Now there are rare kinds of fellers that wear a cross draw belt, law men from time to time,

Bronco Buster been known, but I confess I knew only a few.

Hired guns on That Wells Fargo or Garrent Mining Incorporation.

But mostly killers, to see a Queens officer wearing them colts.





Makes a feller spit out his cigar juice and reckon.

He made his way in, all them fine Eastern curiosity. Austrialian hat, epplits,

Our man is a Captain, all smiles and nods to the w****s upstairs and Pharaoh dealer.

Son of B***h slaps the silver door with a tall glass of whiskey.


"thats drinkin liquor,what?"

Piano starts to play a nice diddy from Kentucky,

normally I can spot a dandy, buck, blade, highwayman, outlaw and Army.


Somethin about this son of a b***h is all six and a snake eyes too boot with spurs.








Wait,

I done spotted something that look a lot like a confounded plot.

Feller at the Captains back,

"Mr. Table?"

No word, sound or movement,

he plugged that man with his smoke wagons.





Than placed a small paper on the mans chest,

he walked out as cool as can be,

the paper was a warrant,


dead or alive.








On his way out he had a smile and a pinch of his mustache,


"Two Gun Table, what!"







   

© 2013 MoriartyMesa


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your voice changes in your works and I appreciate that. I think it takes a knack to be a character chameleon. It's one thing to describe and relate to them but another to sound like them. I'm beginning to think you're masterful but it might be too early to tell, but I haven't scored you less than a hundred yet. It's mostly because of the ugly paintings you do with pure form. I think we live in similar classes or at least the same side of the tracks. Maybe that's presumptuous. But hell, who cares about that?

Posted 10 Years Ago


Westerns are not something I read alot and have only tried myself once for a challenge...i sucked at it lol There is a certain sound to a Western...a certain tone...you have conveyed that well...impressive.

Posted 10 Years Ago


A Dead Hill Billy Lmlz
Nah It Remind ME Of Billy The Kyd THou
HEHE Nice Touch
I See A Lot Of Movie With THis Type OF Sin Lmlz SOund Wicked HEHE
Not Original But Cool SwagG To IT

Posted 10 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Dye
I'm so use to people talking in metaphors around here, so I make a genuine effort to understand what they mean. I wasn't sure if were referring to characters from a movie, book, tv or imagination. And after a number of Google searches, I came up short. So I took this to be just a western bar scene with no hidden meanings, and could appreciate for what it was. Although I can't seem to shake that western accent I read it in. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

408 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 20, 2013
Last Updated on September 23, 2013
Tags: western, Guns, Rose, British American

Author

MoriartyMesa
MoriartyMesa

GONZOLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!, CA



About
I am back! And in the word's of someone i met at a bus station. I cant remember. more..

Writing