The subject of Gay Marriage in America

The subject of Gay Marriage in America

A Story by MoriartyMesa
"

I am going to tackle this issue, with common sense.

"
In these days of Political, Social, and over all reactionary issues, one group will say they want to be heard another will quote or misquote what they believe are facts on how the issue of Gay Marriage will effect them. Now I am nor have never been a political person in any sort of light. Like many here I am a writer and I leave Politics to the Politicians, social issues to Sociology students and over reactionaries to the neighbor across the street who thinks his newspaper is being stolen by squirrels and his wife who get's pissed off when kids at Halloween ignore the sign 'Please take one" over the bucket of candy just to find someone (okay yes it is me) takes all the candy in one go.

However, I think sooner or later someone has to be a voice of reason. Well not reason but more like the voice of common sense, I am not an expert on anything (except stealing buckets of candy at Halloween) but sometimes I get a little tired of the debate, the accusations to what should be a very simple and easy to answer question.  So here is my take on this very important issue.

Get over it! If your a lady whom fancy's other ladies or two fella's fall in love, than awesome. Cause here is the one thing that groups that oppose Gay Marriage.  Love never makes sense, does love make sense when your favorite lady friend only dates guys with Neck tattoos? Or your best guy friend only falls in love with girls with huge bums? People who only date someone their parent's age when they are 25 or only hook up with girls named 'Cindy'.  Love is an impossible thing to understand , sort of like Kayne West fans, they know he is a bit of a d****e but they still love his music and fallow him on Twitter.  In the end of everything it comes down to personal choice  and it is utterly up to them to fully understand and learn from their experience.

So why do some groups push so hard to be against and others push so hard to be for it. It is because they can not mind their own damn business. Let me set an example, who has worked with someone that was so over bearing and pushy, every time you see them on Monday they must tell you every single detail of their weekend: "So Saturday morning I watched The New Orange is Black, God I hate Piper she is just so self absorbed like my cousin, than I went to starbucks ordered my usual and of course they got it wrong that is why I never tip that one guy Mike cause he always messes up my order, than came home checked my mail, why am I on so many catalogs, went on twitter for about three hours right after I played WoW for two hours." And they go on and on and on until you start to reconsider slamming your head in a door until you pass out or get sent home.

That is how I think  a lot of people feel when dealing with someone who shoves every thought, belief, feeling, and conspircy theory on the every day person who just wants to get through the day with out slapping someone. And what a lot of people on both sides of this issue forget when they are preaching their own personal belief. Another example I have comes from dealing with both sides and in my years on this little blue rock I have met extremists from both sides. Gay and Straight, Liberal or Republican, religious and atheists. Now on a more personal note, I am what might be considered (by both sides) a 'White Mexican', having an Irish Mother and Mexican father, I have always been looked at as someone who may sway an argument due to my interracial background, when in truth. I am just a stoner and Metal-head who happens to have a deep love for 90's dance music and just wants to make some cash, pay my loans off and enjoys singing Weird Al songs while prepping dinner service. However both sides see me as impartial but both sides still feel the need to vent their likes or dislikes in hopes that I might pick a side and tell the other side how wrong they are.

 Most recently at a restaurant i had worked at my station that was in between a very outspoken Born Again and a Gay man. Of course these two people hated one another more than Burger King and McDonalds or Coke and Pepsi, and I was stuck in the middle of every single Political and Social debate they had. Which was every single day.  My born again co-worker told me why she refused to let her daughters read Harry Potter due to its glorifying Witch craft and the disrespect of the teachings of Christ. Oddly to my right, my homosexual co-worker would tell me his day to day struggle with being Gay (IN SAN FRANCISCO?WTF?) If someone missed his order, it was because he was gay. On my left, if someone did not say 'God Bless you' when she sneezed, it was cause they worshiped Satan. Every single day was a debate, every single day was an argument.

Than most recently, The Highest Court in the land made a ruling, and I had to hear about it. Standing in between these two was like setting my head on fire and pouring brandy on top just to put it out.

So I finally asked my out spoken Born Again, "How does this directly effect you?" Than I asked my gay co-worker, "Why the hell do you care what she thinks about your personal choice?" And you know what happened? Dead Silence, you know that sort of silence you hear about, the kind where you can hear a pin drop? That was the silence I heard, you see both sides had to really take a moment to think that the opposing party really did not factor into their life directly. For a brief moment in time both of these people understood they were not the center of the other person's Universe. In a few ways, I stole their thunder of anger and hate, for a single moment in time (And I think Doctor Who would be proud of me) my statements might have made them understand the world is bigger than one issue that is really a personal and private issue of belief and choice.



In the end, do I think Gay Marriage is alright? Does my opinion really matter, shouldn't it be your own opinion, I am not trying to sway one belief to another or make anyone 'change sides'. What I am here to say is this. It is none of our business how or why someone falls in love or how they want to live their lives. As long as no one is in danger, no one gets hurt, or steals my candy (seriously don't take my candy) it is none of our business.

If two people of the same sex love each other and want to be married, fine with me, or if they don't, it is also fine with me.



We need to respect personal choice and respect their right to choose. I am not a college educated genius, or a morally entitled individual, I am a writer and chef.  All I want is people to enjoy my food and enjoy my writing, after all. We are all human and a bit flawed and until Utopia is something more than a reality show on Fox, we just need to learn how to get along.















I am Moriarty Mesa.

Chef

Writer

and sometimes steal candy at Halloween when people leave a bucket out at Halloween.















 


God or Gods Bless everyone.

© 2014 MoriartyMesa


Author's Note

MoriartyMesa
Please ignore that I will be going around my neighborhood trying to spot buckets of candy on Halloween.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

lol! Enjoyed every venting word..
a little tip....don't pass up the houses on the cut a sac...I went out and left a bowl of large chocolate candy bars on my porch, not a single one was taken, so I used them in cookies..

Posted 8 Years Ago


I really enjoyed reading this. It's nice to see someone stand up for their views, and I agree with you completely. I also liked the light/humorous tone you added as well. Nice write!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Hi Moriarty

I really believe that all gays go to hell when they die and that all lost ghosts are gays and lesbians demons that are not wanted in Heaven because the demon tried to interfere in the Perfect Holy Creation Of God

According To Adam And Eve

Posted 9 Years Ago


well ,I guess my attitude toward it ,is still pretty much the same
but people should not get political correctness ahead of common sense

Posted 9 Years Ago


as a struggling Christian and a brother in law to a gay man I am now as dumb as usual lol
most Christians read a few scriptures and make up there minds I believe gays are born gay
and live the lifestyle they are a custom too ,most Christians believe they choose this lifestyle
only god has the answers so why pretend that we do. I will not vote for gay marriage but I will not vote against it either, some people are born alcoholics but I wouldn`t vote to ban alcohol.we all belong to god we all have our walks with him and we all answer to him.

Posted 9 Years Ago


If love makes people peaceable, and peace means world happiness. Can two people in love ever be a threat to society?



ps: shame on you for stealing all the candy...shame.

Posted 9 Years Ago


there are always going to be those who oppose what they consider "different"... ignorance begets ignorance, and evil comes in all forms... I like the tone and the informal, story-like feel of the piece.. it doesn't feel like shoving your ideas at others... it is well written with truth and optimism sprinkled in there...

few things I noticed...

" they still love his music and fallow him on Twitter." did you mean follow?

"belief, feeling, and conspircy theory"... did you mean conspiracy?

"Than I asked my gay co-worker,"... did you mean "then?"

""How does this directly effect you?""... did you mean "affect?"

P.S.. no longer leave the candy outside the door :)








Posted 9 Years Ago


bless you for humanity. At Gigi's Cabaret on Detroit's west side, a crossdresser got insulted. You see,
someone called him a queer. Now-a-days, any good old American questionnaire will list 'queer' as
questionable suspicious rather than unreasonably disparaging. In this age of political correctness
no one can truthfully be assigned as nondescript.
The man was escorted to the door by club security/ the point being that labels are
both of little consequence or significance until placed in the proper (or improper) context.
"We need to respect the right to choose", whether Kit Kat or Skittles, whether Gay,
Bi or straight.

wonderful story..dana



Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

524 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 7, 2014
Last Updated on October 7, 2014
Tags: satire, funny, someone give me some candy!

Author

MoriartyMesa
MoriartyMesa

GONZOLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!, CA



About
I am back! And in the word's of someone i met at a bus station. I cant remember. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Elizabeth Elizabeth

A Poem by MOON