The Week of Love

The Week of Love

A Poem by MoriartyMesa
"

The trails of seven days of love.....from a moron

"
Monday
You smiled at me when we met, you asked me for money, I thought that was strange but that is the only way for me to get coffee.

Tuesday
We ran into each other again, hey, is that the same shirt from yesterday. We have a small giggle and you ask to barrow $2.93. Sure why not, coffee in exchange for the loan is fare.

Wednesday
You were not there, and another person insisted on a loan of $2.93, except this person seemed to also insist on a tip, than he grew slightly angry as I explained i did not know him well enough to offer advice.

Thursday
Stayed home, I feel like we are growing apart

Friday
You waved hello to me as I entered, we spoke little, the tension was thick. But I am still not sure if that was the best time to barrow money again? But we can make our love work.

Saturday
We pretend and try but it feels like all the love has gone out of this relationship. And I didnt want to mention you have been wearing the same shirt for a week now. Of course you can have $2.93, as long as I have my coffee.

Sunday
You never intended to pay me back, you have been using me for my money this whole time. And you say its just business, I suppose the secret love notes on the cups are meaningless.





The Following Monday
Its true love this time, she calls herself a doctor, but she has touched me in ways no woman has.

© 2012 MoriartyMesa


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I enjoyed reading this piece. It's very simple and down-to-earth. A nice pace of change from most love poems in general, which are rather torrid and passionate.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Now this is sweet.. A phenomenal write. I love the story and each day holds time still. Each day feels like a month or months or years.. And when then next Monday came around I had to laugh...so true so true..xo

Posted 11 Years Ago


I really like the journal- or report-style of this, and the story.
Moron or madman, come Sunday and I almost feel sorry for the poor guy. Though I am not sure whether it is because he is obviously decieving himself or because he is truly lovesick.
But seems like he is getting over it fast enough. Maybe to be heartbroken again?
Great write, I really enjoyed reading!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Excellent writing here! I am unsure who it is being displayed here, but whether a schizophrenic, or a lonely man seeking messages in action, you have captured a very deep feeling.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Love the set up of this poem. Sad how love can just slip away!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is unsettling and saddening....love is so often rooted with problems and unless we address them....BAM! Gone! Beautifully emotional love! xx

Posted 12 Years Ago


Love the dark edge...the delusional obsessions...the possibility of an even more dangerous obsession emerging. A delightful foray into the secret mind of madness!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

346 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 16, 2011
Last Updated on May 26, 2012
Tags: Dark Humor

Author

MoriartyMesa
MoriartyMesa

GONZOLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!, CA



About
I am back! And in the word's of someone i met at a bus station. I cant remember. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..