Sincerely,  Miss. Adela N'evertil

Sincerely, Miss. Adela N'evertil

A Poem by MoriartyMesa
"

1922 Prohibition Knock, knock, and give a micky to the door man, America

"
Well all my silly and Delicious delightful readers, its your girl again with another nights of notes on cocktail napkins and smeared kisses from some would be motion picture star. But I suppose chubby men with silly voices might go far, even if they just are comedy acts. 
I don't want to say who I saw, a girl must keep her reputation when marriage season is springing up like a group of slap dancers that arrived at Martini's last night and what a scream they were.
But your reporter witnessed a King of the Diamonds, right down to his personals, swimming in the fountain with about half the chorus line of "Hello Daddy". 
Sixteen bottles of champagne and you would suppose our boys in uniform were ready to have a fast mix up with the Kaiser  if his mustache stretched across those gawdy Santiago coloring Martini's offers.  
But don't start curling your teeth back my loyal readers, it was only half past midnight and the swing of those jungle drums, sweet rum and flash scene at Poppa Tooth Sweets for the only rag time worth listening to short of a long drive South.
Everyone rubbing elbows with everyone as Poppa himself took to the stage in a fine horn duel with known other than Miss Marion Davis.
Poppa was in rare form as his horn screamed through the club like the police ready for a raid.
But I still think with practice, Marion might have a future in making cream custard rolls, America's newest music craze.

With so many place for one girl to be.
The next step was too a small little 'knock-knock' downtown, just so your reporter could find the perfect splash of Gin and fan dancing.
56 China Dolls gives that overwelmeing blend of pamade and the little miss in no neck Arizona waiting for her salesman husband. All the charm of a train station in the middle of no where.
When in doubt.
There is nothing like 'Dot's', the smooth horn section, 'slider rule' soda, Pete behind the bar will make for you if you give him a smile and wiggle, sorry fella's, only for the ladies. Why at two in the small hours in the morning you can see Lordly gentlemen juggle champagin bottles and watch the ladies fan dance on stage. 
Than my readers it is off to a quiet drink at Palms in the village. Nothing like topping a night off with a raid, thankfully yours truly was escorted by a dashing Blue eyed man whom refuse to reveal himself.
But I suspect his real name is Rudy.
Sincerely,  
Miss. Adela N'evertil

© 2012 MoriartyMesa


Author's Note

MoriartyMesa
As they say in Cricket.

SEND UP THE FAST BOWLER.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

What drives this home is the character voice. She really do sound like an entertainment journalist from this time period.

Posted 9 Years Ago


You've captured the mood and feel of the era very, very well, and you've evoked a really tangible atmosphere with this piece. I wish you hadn't addressed the reader so much - I despise that - but I do understand your reasons for it. Other than a few minor grammar notes, there is nothing here to criticize. Very well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

fabulous.. i felt as if i was actually there x x

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very nice...I love it...I think you were born in the wrong decade to be honest, are we sure the world these days can handle your insanely awesome thoughts and ideas? Absolutely love it....

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow! What a versatile writer you are...I don't think this could have been written any better (even by a woman's pen). This is unique and tastefully done, with style. Well penned!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Like noir and red lipstick. This read like smooth jazz. I really enjoy this style of writing. Way too cool. And I really like the narrator's moniker.

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
EMF
My ribs hurt through laughing. I'm suing. (That is the American way. Isn't it? If you enjoy something it's bad for you, therefore it's someone elses fault, so sue?) A true diamond. My ribs still hurt.

And I'm still suing

Posted 11 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very good story. I desire to read more. Create good situation and interesting people. I like the many strong comments in the story.
"There is nothing like 'Dot's', the smooth horn section, 'slider rule' soda,"
The language and tale was amazing. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

486 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 26, 2012
Last Updated on September 14, 2012
Tags: Prohibition, speak easy, booze

Author

MoriartyMesa
MoriartyMesa

GONZOLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!, CA



About
I am back! And in the word's of someone i met at a bus station. I cant remember. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..