Worms

Worms

A Story by Mother_Yolk
"

Something to tell your children...

"
It was so tiny, resting in my sweaty palms. It squirmed in my grasp like a tiny worm and drooled like an infant. Then, it began to lose its warmth. Just a little hint to you: Children's fingers don't stay warm forever.

In the corner was the child whose finger I chopped off. She was crying, rocking back and forth, clutching her hand that was soaked in blood. She was scared. She looked up at me. The fear was momentary. She smiled at me and held up her hand. Her pinky was but a nasty stub.

"More, please." She croaked. I could tell she was still in pain. Tears flowed down her cheeks but I could not turn away. I pulled out my giant shears that hung from my back pocket and snipped. Plop. Her finger dropped to the ground, followed by a crimson cascade. The girl whimpered softly and I tilted my head. I realized that she was giggling. Her soft eyes beckoned me as she lifted her bloodied hand once more. I snipped and snipped and snipped until all her fingers were off. The girl was laying on the ground, smeared in her blood. Smiling.

"I still have another hand." She yelled at me this time, practically grinning to both ears. It was my turn to be scared. The way she laughed after I backed away scared me more. The way she starting wailing when she followed me upstairs from the basement and onto the asphalt road scared me the most. Pale moonlight shined on us both. The girl's little teeth glistened in that wide smile of hers as she lifted her other hand that was full of short fingers. She was tracing circles along the road with her stub for a hand. So I walked closer. I kneeled down and got so close to the girl, that I felt her breathing down my throat. And I snipped. But this time, her head went tumbling. It tumbled down the road, leaving a trail of blood. But still, that smug smile of hers with her tiny teeth and those big eyes was chiseled into my mind like how a sculptor chisels marble. And in my basement were her five little fingers that looked like squirming pale worms, drooling on the floorboards beneath my living room. And on the road was the girl's corpse, left to rot and to be forgotten until her head comes tumbling back and her worm-like fingers come squirming to reconstruct the girl into her old lively self, just to end up in my basement once again so I could snip and snip until her blood floods the streets and swallows the world whole in a river of the little girl's blood.

The End.

© 2014 Mother_Yolk


Author's Note

Mother_Yolk
Hahah... I was bored, so I typed up my own little bedtime story...
The title is something I want to change though. Ah well!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really love the narration and how you added detail to the story to make it even eerier. It grasps your audience and builds them up for a good ending. The ending was terrifying yet not to the point where it became too disturbing. Don't get me wrong, I don't think the ending should be disturbing. I like it the way it is.

don't change a thing lmao

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mother_Yolk

8 Years Ago

Hahah, well, disturbing is my specialty! But thank you! I appreciate your review regardless (:
ah. a very chilling read here... the ending is a running sentence but it actually succeeds in bringing out the panic built in the narrator. his prey becomes the demonic predator... fantastic!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Mother_Yolk

9 Years Ago

Thanks! What an 'honor' to get reviewed by you, friend! Haha.. And yes, the sentence is a lengthy an.. read more
Well jeez, this has made me speechless. I love the way the narrator is at first in control but then it changes to the victim having the power. This was amazing

Posted 10 Years Ago


Mother_Yolk

10 Years Ago

I'm glad you found it amazing. Thank you!
This story is scary. Very, very bizarre. In a good way, obviously. I like how he just resorts to cutting the little girl's head off. Nicely done, Mother!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Mother_Yolk

10 Years Ago

I really didn't want this story to end with the girl being handless and just... Blah. I wanted a bri.. read more
At first I thought it was about a baby. Holding a young child's finger in the beginning, then it moved on to cutting the girls fingers and I thought that this couldn't get any more twisted.
Who does that to kids?
Then the girl turned into some kind of demon and I was actually afraid, like you are in a nightmare when something's chasing you.
I was like, "Kill iiitttt!" xD
This is epic.
Well done!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Mother_Yolk

10 Years Ago

Hahah I can't name anyone who does that to little children, but I can't say no one has not done it! .. read more
Bluefire

10 Years Ago

Oooooh~ Scary thought~
No problem! ^^
Wow. You have outdone yourself, Mother_Yolk. I thought your other stories were weird and gruesome and morbid....But This...........This was the peak of your stories. My god...This was Hilarious and perfectly Horrible at the same time. My favorite part was when the little girl said, "I still have another hand." Soo f*****g funny and twisted. Good job. This one is my favorite of your shorts.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Mother_Yolk

10 Years Ago

Thank you for reading! That is truly an amazing thing to hear from writers like yourself. Thanks aga.. read more
Chadvonswan

10 Years Ago

No problem man. Keep that blood flowing!
I. Love. This. Story!
I really love the first few sentences, it really caught my attention and made me curious as to what was happening. Especially "it squirmed in my grasp and drooled like an infant" that description is so macabre and effective! I really love every aspect of this story, the descriptions are amazing, the feel is dark and it made me smile.
The only problem I have is that I felt it ended the tiniest bit abruptly, but it did manage to surprise me! I was hardly expecting the ending that you put there. Well done. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Mother_Yolk

10 Years Ago

I'm very aware of how sudden the ending is in this story... I wrote the ending when I realized I had.. read more
Darkimmortal

10 Years Ago

Not a problem at all. :p Keep writing these awesome stories because they are very entertaining to re.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

447 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 9, 2014
Last Updated on March 11, 2014
Tags: Death, Blood, Gore, Fear, Fingers, Shears

Author

Mother_Yolk
Mother_Yolk

Somewhere in South America.



About
"Remember how in that communion only, beholding beauty with the eye of the mind, he will be enabled to bring forth, not images of beauty, but realities (for he has hold not of an image but of a realit.. more..

Writing