Firestar 4 *Language warning!*

Firestar 4 *Language warning!*

A Story by MotleyMelly

Here they were, back in Oregon... Gramps had everyone come when he found out that Ramiro was in too unstable of a condition to be transported to the safety of home. Ramiro's mother sat by the side of the bed, holding her son's cold, pale hand. His father and siblings at his other side. The only real noise in the room was the slowing heart monitor.  Tia wouldn't sob. She wouldn't cry. She kept a soft smile, like she knew that was what he'd want... Vincent, however, was all emotions, and Micku... You couldn't really tell.   He wore a hat over his eyes, and his face was shadowed.
The pond had turned into an ocean as Ramiro went deeper and deeper, squinting as he saw a colorful, glowing mass at the bottom.... a glowing reef...  He'd begin swimming towards it, the reef growing bigger and brighter as he did. But everything behind him was darkness. This was light... This was... peaceful... "Ramimi?" He heard behind him... A transparent Tia stood on nothing in the darkness. It was like there was an invisible wall that stopped her. But he could go through... He came to her and held her hands, tail flicking to keep him afloat... Tia had glowing wings, petals floating in the water around her... But her eyes looked so sad...
"... Love..." Miguel would whisper to his wife, "We can't keep him on a machine....  If it comes to it...." The middle-aged woman nodded, "... I know... Please.... Oh, God, please.... Show this child some mercy..."  she'd pray.  It was as if on cue that Vincent lit aflame, just slightly, and his eyes lit up, hair glowing...Ramiro's parents stared,with wide eyes. "He.... Dreams of the waters. And the freedom, as if... he could flow right with it... It'll set him free." Before he'd go back to normal, looking confused.... "How did I... See that??" 
"An angel..." Ramiro's eldest sister whispered... only to get a weird look from her younger sister and their older brother, "Shush... He just knows Ramiro that well."  It was then that the doctor entered with a grim look on his face, and he gave somewhat expected news. "Your son... He's dying, you know..." Mrs. Alvarez seemed to be where Ramiro got his numb state from as she held his hand, It was like she knew that was coming... She'd nod, and the two sisters would hug each other tight. "Come on, bud... You've got to come back to us... We need you..." Vincent spoke, though he knew Ramiro had practically drowned in his own blood... He knew there was no saving him... He just needed to guide his soul to peace.  
Ramiro grabbed Tia's transparent hands and smiled to her, Micku and Vincent apparating behind her. "Tia... " he smiled. "I want you all to move on from me... You can't pass through this barrier with me... He saw Vincent, a glow around his head, white feathered wings, being licked by harmless, pink flames. Mickunae was dressed in the finest robes, adorned with gems, and his wings weren't hidden.   "You can all fly. Use it. " He looked around, and Nash appeared, surrounded by almost what looked like stars, his own little  galaxy, and he sported crystalline wings... Like the feathers were all crystals sculpted and detailed. But they were real wings... He'd smile to the blind bassist's image, "Reach for the stars. I'll be the waves beneath you, to safely catch you if you fall." 
He would look into Tia's eyes, and their lips would meet one more time before the three couldn't breathe the water, they swam to Nash, and all four used their wings to propel themselves faster than just their legs or arms could... Ramiro turned around and swam for the bright reef, the brightness filling all, before that was it...
As the doctor explained what needed to be done, Tia tried not to break down, but did go for the comfort of a hug from Nash. The monitor, within the hour, showed no heartbeat. A sound nobody wants to hear when it has to do with their loved ones.  Mrs. Alvarez finally let out a gut wrenching cry and collapsed in tears, saying something in Spanish. There wasn't a dry eye in the room. Even Gramps' tough shell broke. All he could do was stand back and comfort others...  The eldest sister ran a hand through his hair, whispering, "I had to change your diapers... I shouldn't have to put you to your eternal nap.. This isn't right.... Why... D****t, Domingo... You... B*****d..." 
The world seemed silent to Tia... There was no warm laughter, no goofy remarks, or big hugs... Her love was taken from her, just like that, by his own brother. Killed slowly by agony and confusion. The inmates only finalized the deed.  They stood on the small boat, the ocean's waves gently rocking it. Not a word was said. Tia and her two remaining bandmates stood together... She held the two youngsters tight, as Vincent clung, and Micku trembled a bit. The Starstreamers were with their Gramps and Gram, somewhat blaming themselves.  Tia didn't blame them... The young bassist was killed by something unrelated to the Starstreamers' kindness.
The Alvarez family were the ones to cover their son's pretty face for the last time. The heartbroken mother broke down as the men all gathered to place the sinkable raft in the water. This included a huge, middle aged man in a dark suit. "Rest well, Shrimp..." The man whispered, watching the raft slowly sink.  "... I'll keep this from happening to others..." Though many questioned who this gentleman that had begged to come was... they also... didn't question. Floating candles were released, and in Micku's case, huge snowflakes that didn't melt. The group stayed on the boat, being rocked until the last candle could no longer be seen. 
".... Who are you?" Tia finally asserted the man as they got back on shore. The man's badge he wore read T. Knightley, but he introduced himself as, "Sledgehammer... I.... I was an a*s to your boy, Ramiro... But slowly, he woke my heart back up... We were cellmates.... I feel like his death is partially because.. I couldn't protect him... I got out early on good behavior, and began my training as a detective. I made a promise I'd make things right. And I'll be damned if I don't.... "  He was a scary man, but his words were truthful as he wiped a tear from his eye, damning himself, "God damn it, if only I'd known...!" 
Tia listened, "Detective Knightley." She addressed, much to the man's surprise, "How would you have known. The fact that you're trying to make things right would make Ramiro happy. And you'll inspire others to put their bad deeds behind them and do the right thing."  The man stood up straight and gave a military-esque salute, to which Tia would respond the same, before they silently parted ways.
Months passed. The Starstreamers finished their tour, and Tia, with the boys, had gone back to the apartment....  The bands didn't really talk much, though there was no grit between them. After the tour, the Starstreamers hadn't done much. Everyone was just kind of... Recovering.  Firestar went through bassist after bassist. Ad placement, after ad placement... Tia had grown accustomed to the emptiness of her new bed. It was just her and the boys now... They'd used the money from their shows to buy the things they needed, but were losing out again...  
Tia marked off yet another bassist that hadn't worked out. And Vincent just couldn't keep up with it. He could play other instruments, but strings were his weak point.  Speaking of the little blond, he came up the stairs and into the apartment, shuffling mail, "Overdue.... Bill.... Rent...Letter.... Ads... " he sat them all on the kitchen table, but gave a tired sigh when Tia gestured for the letter, "Where's that from??"  Vincent handed it to her, "I didn't even look." Tia read the address, "A county road in Texas? " her eyes widened, as she opened the letter...
Neat, small writing read, "Tia, Vincent, and Mickunae- I'm writing to say we've missed you dearly. Though it was a short time, we really got to know each other, and although I had to jump in and pull a double-show so you had a bassist, it was something I won't forget. I've spoken with my brothers, and they're okay if I play in both bands. The Starstreamer Stars are taking a break, and I'd love to try out for bass with Firestar. Yours kindly, Nash Starstreamer."
Tia was speechless, "He... Can't be serious...! He's from a famous band, why would he want to--? " Vincent read the letter, and smiled, glowing as he felt it, "Because, Tia... He sees us as friends. " Tia, who couldn't hold her excitement, screamed, "WOOOOO!!!! MICKUNAE!!! WE HAVE A BASSIST!" Mickunae, who'd been enjoying his bed, came out, yet again, grumbling about coffee, but Tia's celebrating woke him right up, "Wha- What? Tia, wasn't the last one a complete--? What- Slow down.... TIA!!!!" his yell silenced the drummer as snow seemed to plummet out of nowhere onto the floor. Vincent got the broom out and sighed.
Tia handed the guitarist the note and his baby blue eyes widened, ears perking up, "Nash, you son of a b***h!!!" he laughed. Of course,it was Mickunae who noticed the folded bottom. He opened it, cleared his throat and read aloud, "P.S. I'll be doing some charity work in your area from July fifteenth to August First. But I'll pop by the Apartment when I can." Micku grinned as the room silenced, "Tomorrow. That's the fifteenth. " The other two stared but then began getting all excited.  And rightfully so. At the airport, Nash was even excited.
"Ma'am?" he asked the flight attendant, his strong southern drawl, and mere presence bringing a smile to her face, "about what time's it gonna be in L.A. when we get to landin'? "  The young woman blushed, and tried to hide it, "About four P.M., Mr. Starstreamer! A-Anything I can get you? " Nash shook his head and opened his flask, "Nah, I'm good." The attendant looked a bit shocked, "How did you even get that on the plane???" This got a grin out of Nash, "I've got my ways. " 
Since Ramiro's death, Nash had been more open about his blindness, even admitting on an MTV interview. It was surprising that it wowed so many people. Nobody really knew! Even the interviewer was shocked. But the extra popularity didn't stop his humble mannerisms. He still used his manners, gave hugs, and spoke to normal, everyday people.  Heck, he'd let a little girl, who said she was his biggest fan and wanted to be like him help him find his gate. Her parents with her, of course. Later landing in L.A., Nash actually used a stick to find his way around the noisy, bustling airport. At least to the nearest telephone. He had two calls to make... One home, and one to Tia, Vincent, and Micku.
Micku answered the phone, and his face lit up, "Nash!!! Where the hell are you!?... The airport?... Tia! Vincent! Nash is at the airport!" Vincent asked, "He doesn't have a ride yet, does he??"  Micku asked, "Hey, you have a ride yet?!" a bit too loudly, making Nash wince a bit while he smiled, "No, I ain't called no cab yet."  Micku shook his head to Vincent and Tia, "Not yet."  Tia quickly snatched the phone, "Hey, Nash? Chill out at the guest pickup for a bit, we're on our way!"  
The ride through rush hour traffic kind of sucked. Nash was waiting a while before he heard three familiar voices. A woman and two males. He perked, hearing, "There he is!!" from one of the males and a squeal from the others. He had arms ready just in time when two boys jumped on him and hugged, and a woman waited her turn. "Y'all!" Nash laughed, standing to give Tia her hug, "Nash!" Tia nearly whimpered, having forgotten how good he smelled.  The greeting was teary, on all sides, but in a good way. Nash allowed Micku to guide him and Vincent to help with his bag as they traversed escalators and long walks to find the car.  Nash carried his bass case on his own, though the boys were so excited to help. 
Tia guided them all, finally finding Vincent's little car, and she helped Nash organize his bass into the trunk, along with his suitcase. Tia and Nash took the front seat, while Micku and Vincent took the back. Vincent had done some repairs on the car, and Nash could tell, just by how it sounded, "Your car sounds happier, Vince." he'd say to the boy, "You do it yourself??"  Vince actually smiled, "Yeh. I took an auto-shop class last semester, before summer. And I applied it to Rattlecan." Nash raised his brow, "Rattlecan?" Tia laughed, "His teacher named his car that, and he's stuck with it." Nash could only chuckle at that, "It's not so rattly anymore... But the novelty of the name's nice."
Vincent asked, "So what're the charity events for?" Nash smiled, "I'm glad ya asked. Two are for animal rescue groups, another's actually for children without parents. Both hit close to home, and when they asked if I'd come, I was happy to come.  I even donated to each cause, myself.  Gramps wasn't so keen on my going alone, but I promised him I'd work it out!" Micku bounced like always, "Though you thought of us at the same time?? You didn't... Well, have to...!" Nash spoke to the excited fae, "Why would I not? Playin' with y'all was an honor, really." Tia shook her head, "I feel like that needs to be the other way around..."
Nash shook his head, "Nah. Y'all didn't decide we were a bunch of country hicks and that y'all were too cool. " He smiled, "It's appreciated. We went through a few openers... Similar to y'all, then they took the money they made and went, but y'all were awesome, and troopers even when s**t got bad..." Tia looked a little sad, "We all appreciate you stepping in and playing... Even if it was double work." Nash could feel her sadness, and he'd smile softly, "I enjoyed playing with y'all, still." 

The boys continued conversing about songs Micku had thought up, but not written down, and how they'd announce a comeback. Tia, on the other hand, remained silent while she drove, a bit of a lump growing in her throat. Not in a bad way. She just couldn't help but notice... Nash grew since she'd last seen him... Maybe it was a pang of guilt, because he was only a few months older than Vincent, but... Wow. Talk about eye-candy. She kept stealing glances, not sure if Nash felt them or not. She couldn't not admit it to herself. Plus, he was always so sweet. The boy was raised right. 
"Tia???" Micku's voice shook her from her thoughts. "Eh? Huh? Wha?? " She asked, and a concerned Micku stated, "You've... Missed the airport exit twice now." This earned some giggles from Vincent. Nash, however, rolled his eyes, "Y'all cut the lady some slack, ya hear?" He had a smirk on, himself.  Tia just blushed, grunted, and made her way to the exit. "Onward, Minions!!!" she shouted as they got on the ramp to the highway and... Right back into rush hour traffic. After an abrupt stop behind a semi, Nash commented, "Onward, eh?"
There were times they didn't move for several minutes at a time. At one point, Micku and Vincent decided to pull what was called a Chinese Fire Drill, where both swiftly jumped out of the car, ran around it, and hopped back in. This earned a lecture from Tia, and a facepalm from Nash. But loads of laughter from the guitarist and singer. Luckily there were no police around! Geez, guys!!! "Do they always do this??" Nash asked, getting an annoyed nod from Tia, which, being blind, he took as no answer. "Tia?"
"Yes, yes they do." she answered aloud, remembering Nash couldn't see her gesture. But Micku couldn't stop himself, "Hey, you used to do it, too!" Tia shrugged, "Okay, yeah, but... It's dangerous, guys!"Just as she said this, they were out of the car again. "Auughh...!" Tia groaned. Though Nash got a devilish smirk on his face and locked the doors, finding the switch to do so. Both he and Tia laughed when neither of the younger two could get in.  They let the boys in before traffic moved again.  But this time, Nash had something to say,
"Funny as it is, that's getting old, guys. And honestly, if you did that in Houston... Or heaven forbid, ya'll did that in Dallas... You'd get your asses either shot or run over."  Nash would say, with a stern tone, Vincent tilted is head, "We're just bored as s**t...!" Nash hmmed, "I know, but... Have you ever played 'Don't Get Me Started'? It's a game where you're given a random subject to rant as long as you can about. Then you give someone else a topic. " Vincent blinked, but Micku piped, "Vincent, rant about... Puppies!" Vincent blinked again,, "Puppies??? How can one rant about them??" Nash answered, "That's the point. You gotta be creative!"

The light faded, after what felt like forever... And the world was silent. It was dark. Ramiro thought that light was the end.  Why did he feel so.... conscious? So... aware... ? Before looking, he felt his hips, his hand wooshing right through them, as if they weren't there. The light was fading and he felt himself on hot sand, though looking at his hands, they were transparent... What... Happened? He'd go to stand up, flopping as a tail wasn't made to do that. He flicked his fins a few times, before looking up and around. He was lying in the sands of a lovely beach, but nobody was around... He tried to pick up some sand, but it remained untouched, his hand going straight through it. 
His mind began to race... Was... Was he a ghost? Why did he have this tail?? "... A... Aaaah!!!!!" Ramiro freaked out, squirming and trying to separate his legs. This was an action his hips just didn't seem to do, as his tail remained a tail. He began breathing heavily, but held his breath as he heard little footsteps approaching. His eyes slowly widened.... Someone was coming. He had to hide!  he saw a big boulder, and using the power of his upper body, rolled behind it. Though, the sounds made him curious enough to pull himself onto the boulder... Wait, why was he able to touch that, but not the sand?? Maybe it was all about the intent...
His name was Wolfiennae Naraimasta. He was a Funarian, which was a creature with animalistic ears and tail, with small wings and a short stature. The planet was hot, so he only dressed in light, but intricately designed silks, covering what was private and allowing ventilation to the rest of the body. Despite being the king of the planet, Wolf often let his long, white hair go unbrushed, as he'd go barefoot to the beach and do as he pleased. It was also a known fact that Wolf, like few other Funarians, could see dreams. He'd never seen one before, but when he saw the head poking up behind a rock, it was like he knew. 
"Aih!" Wolf called. A standard Funarian greeting. Even he, being deaf, could call it.  Ramiro poked his head up a bit more... What was this strange creature before him...? It looked like it was part dog, part human, and part... dove? He had to be dreaming... He rubbed his eyes, to no effect. But... At least it was no human. He'd pull himself up more, in order to see better. "... H-Hello??" he'd whisper, But the strange being didn't seem affected. He'd continue observing, but he'd speak to the being, "Who are you? What are you??"
Wolf looked up at the man perched on the boulder... He seemed quite tall, but it didn't intimidate him. He watched his lips, and blinked... What was this gibberish it was saying...? Well, whatever it was, it wasn't his language, but by the look in the man's eyes, he may have needed help... Wolf offered his hand, up at the man on the boulder. Ramiro looked at the hand... Then at his tail, then at his own hand. Biting his lip, he grabbed the creatures hand, and his eyes widened as both their skin glowed bright blue where contact was... 
As Wolf pulled Ramiro off the boulder, he was surprised to see a tail. It was a really cool surprise to him, though. He'd never seen a merperson! Though his surprise turned into shock rather quickly. Like the knives being stabbed into him all over again, the pain in Ramiro's lower ribs seared as he dropped from his perch right onto his chest. He let out a cry, which seemed to shake Wolf.  Wolf's eyes widened, and he was immedeately glad he was deaf. This was a siren! Clearly one without control of it's powers, it seemed. He'd wince a bit and grin. He hadn't meant to hurt the dream-fish... 
Ramiro was turned over by Wolf, and lifted by his surprisingly strong arms. Still, their skin glowing blue on contact. Ramiro's tail dragged on the ground until Wolf's tiny wings spread... Ramiro blinked... That denied all physics... There was no way they'd fly! But surprising him again, the creature picked him up and flew them both.  Ramiro held on tight as they flew closer and closer to this... Jungle. They landed in a grove, and Wolf entered a big door that looked to be a part of the forest, into a rather populated area. This area had people like Wolf, and they all looked at him. Wolf seemed to be a bit bashful as people looked at his glowing skin...
No, they didn't see Ramiro, but they saw the glow of their king holding a dream.  "Mama?" A small boy asked, "Why're King Wolfiennae's arms glowing?" A female answered, "Because he's holding someone trapped in a dream, baby. Sometimes, when people die, they get trapped in their last dream... Usually it's said because an angel loves them too much to let them die." The small boy jumped around, "Ooooh, wow! What's the dream look like??" The woman chuckled, "I don't know, little one. I'm not one who can see them."
Of course, to Ramiro, this sounded like some kind of foreign babble. Not a word of it was familiar to him. Wolf, who didn't hear it, moved on to get past the stares... He brought Ramiro to a stop, next to a tree with all different colors of leaves on it, some sparkling in the sun. Another hidden door would open and the bassist would look around, listening to the trickling of water as streams ran through, into a giant, beautiful room, a bridge connecting where they stood to a platsorm with a single throne, surrounded by trees and plants, water all around the platform. The creature stopped on the bridge, lowering Ramiro into the water.
Ramiro was sure the water would be cold, but really it was nice, and his skin certainly ate it up, as he felt just how dry he had been. But after submerging for a moment, he'd come back up, looking at the creature, who began using his hands to make signs that were unfamiliar. He wondered what it was doing, until it waited for some kind of response. It was trying to communicate with him, but he didn't understand. This wasn't the sign language Ramiro knew.  His baffled expression, along with the creature's made it clear this was a language barrier.  "...... What??" Ramiro whispered, giving a very confused look.
Wolf stared, trying to read the young fellow's words... No dice. He'd give a slightly frustrated grunt, and point at his own ears with two fingers per hand.  He wiggled his ears, and gave a left head-tilt, with a distorted, "Kyai", coming from his mouth. Wondering if Ramiro would get it, he snapped his fingers near his ears, biting his lower lip. When he saw Ramiro's face light up, he knew the light was on.
"So, you're deaf...." Ramiro thought to himself, pointing to his own ear and shaking his head, in question.  He mouthed the word 'deaf', when Wolf bent over, and covered Ramiro's ears gently. Ramiro nodded, trying to convey that he understood, and Wolf, being quite the sharp tack, smiled. Gently placing his hands on Ramiro's shoulders, his palms glowing on the touch, Wolf would slowly push him down into the water. "Ku'um." He pronounced carefully.
Ramiro didn't quite know what this meant, but by the nature of it, and how the little creature began to walk from the room, he figured it best to wait here... Having his head under the water felt nice. He almost didn't want to come up... Not until he heard another male voice, and two sets of little feet approaching. "Wolfiennae? Lomai Wolfiennae! Wolfiennaeee!" The two steps would stop, and Ramiro would lift himself back above the water. It was another creature, still dressed in the minimal like everyone else, but not in the elaborate silks Wolf wore. 
Wolf was holding a glowing bottle as the other seemed to ask a question, Wolf smiling, and explaining the bottle, pointing to it like he had his ears, and signing. The other male grinned happily, and giggled, asking something else. Wolf would, of course, giggle back and sign. The two came walking towards Ramiro, who hid a bit behind the wall of the pool, slightly intimidated by strange glowing liquids. But as Wolf threw it into the water, it was like he threw glitter. Just... Magic glitter... That was... Gradually giving Ramiro the knowledge of just what was being said!!

© 2017 MotleyMelly


Author's Note

MotleyMelly
I do not have Microsoft word, due to a problem I am currently fixing. This may cause issues with punctuation, indentation, or, leave some misspellings un-caught. Also note, this is a very rough, first-edition draft. It will probably be re-done at a later time.

Also, I'm struggling to think of a title. I'll consider any suggestions!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on November 7, 2017
Last Updated on November 7, 2017
Tags: Firestar, 80's, mermaids, fairies, angels, rockstar, fantasy, Funarian, Wolf, Nash, Tia, Vincent, Ramiro, Micku

Author

MotleyMelly
MotleyMelly

Casper, WY



About
I'm no professional,however, I always have new ideas brewing! My fiction universes are huge, with many characters, and my mind never stops coming up with new ideas for them! I was born in the 90's,.. more..

Writing