Chapter 1 - In spite of his ways...

Chapter 1 - In spite of his ways...

A Chapter by Fortsy
"

A man by the name of Ashton Darek had inherited the land of Harensdale after the sudden death of King Duncan. Nobody knows of his motives, yet all assume only the worst of him.

"
Far away, in the depths of a peculiar forest with trees overhanging, vines rooting from the oaks of its positions, lay a Kingdom by the name of Harensdale. There were many things that the land was known for- They were excellent in producing magical dust, called "Maliks". Maliks were pieces of dust that every child inherites at birth, and it flew through their blood. Specifically in this case, there was a man by the name of Ashton Darek, who owned the Maliks, "Undefinied". He owned and ruled over all of the land, yet... He was no king. He was no noble... He was... a butler... What kind of man could rule over a land such as this so freefully? Well, as it had been seen, Ashton ruled over the land after being mysteriously inherited to the throne of Harensdale, signed formally by King Duncan himself. Now, Ashton Darek seeks a new purpose... An understanding in life... But what? What could a man, that has taken control of one entire Kingdom possibly want? More riches, more land and especially, more power. After being informed of a murder on the outskirts of Kaviskal, a village owned by the land of Harensdale, Ashton took control and assigned two guardians, a carriage and a peculiar woman to his aid- He was ready for the challenge. 

The carriage seemed to be of a very rich and elegant design, for medieval times. It was made entirely of a spruce wood and seemed to brighten and shimmer off in its glamorous design. At the front of the carriage, a carriage master accompanied by two leashes as a whip could be seen. He seemed quite old, much like a geezer and seemed to be pretty fragile, physically. The old man could be killed at any second! Further inspection would find that inside the carriage sat a small girl, her legs swinging back and forth as they dangled over the edge of the sofa-chair. The girl stretched her arms out and lay back, sighing contently as she looked out the small window, looking as the rocks, rubble and trees past by in the night without notice.
Ashton sat opposite to the small girl and seemed to be wearing a very formal attire, much like a black suit. He poured a cup of tea and kept himself in good posture as he stared the small girl down. Outside the carriage, there seemed to be two men in iron clanks of armour guarding the carriage as it slowly drove along the road, both wielding iron broadswords to their readied attackers. But the wisk of the wind fainted the smallest whisper into their ears, forcing and dropping them to the floor... Maybe it was a succubus? Wait- No, no. Those are demons which attack only in your dreams for their own personal pleasures... If not that, then what? What could it possibly be?!

Much to the Guardian's surprise, as they lay hopelessly on the dirty, gravel ground, arising from the shadows came a woman in leathered attire. She wore over her shoulder a strap, which slung down her chest, down to the opposite waist-side of her body. Taking a step forth from the shadows, lurking ever so slightly behind oak trees, she flicked out two, curved yet long blades and spun them in both hands, walking towards one of the guardians with a smirk of deviousness evidently appearing on her tainted face. She gripped on tight to the wooden handles of the blades and stood proud and tall over the petrified man, her hand readying for the strike. As her eyes lit up with a lust for death, she swung her blade high, behind her into the air, and lowered it in a flash, taking one giant, brutal swing at the man's chest. 

Clang! 

The blade practically bounced back as it hit the iron piece, yet pierced right through by the curve of the blade and stabbed right into his right atrium of the heart, leaving him to bleed out if he were not already dead from such an attack. Soon, she got up and turned, stepping towards the other petrified Knight, who had been trying to squirm away in the few moments he had, ultimately failing with such a perfect power controlling him.
At the peculiarness of the sounds erupting outside the carrivan, Ashton took an interest in the affairs and decided to step outside, accompanying himself with his pocket-watch, held in his right palm and the left being accompanied by a white tea-cup, filled with tea. He looked down upon the dead corpses and merely shrugged, taking one look at the unidentifiable woman. Ashton watched as she mercilessly took a jab at the back of the squirming man's body and raised his pocket-watch, chanting softly.

"...Pofubvois."

By the ticking of the clock, the rotation started to change on its simply normal design. A humanly sized bubble wrapped and trapped the woman inside, tightening her body with every second. The handle started moving back, faster... faster... faster until eventually, all that was left inside the bubble was a small child. Ashton flicked the watch and put it back in his pocket, then stepped forth and plucked the blades from the child, saying with a soft smile.

"Children can't go running around with blades now, can they? No. I didn't think so. Hue hue."

After his small chuckle, he looked towards the guard and calmly said,

"You can stand now, sir. Please, go back to your position. It's going to be unfortunate..." He then turned his head to the dead guardian. "..Only having one man to guard all of us in such a terrible position."

After taking one more look at the child, he pulled her along and placed her down on the seat in the vintage-like carrivan next to him. He then reached forth and handed her some tea, saying.

"Would you like some tea? It's quite good. I recommend it, hue.."

After a moment of silence from the girl, Ashton simply stared at the tea and sipped at it casually, as if she weren't even there. There was a long, awkward pause in the room- They had just defeated a woman who seemed to be an assassin. As people knew, a person who kills people... But somehow, for some odd reason, Ashton acted so calm in the site of fear. As the stumbled upon the village, they soon ran into what could be... corpses?


© 2018 Fortsy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on February 21, 2018
Last Updated on February 21, 2018


Author

Fortsy
Fortsy

Hawkes Bay, New Zealand



About
Hello everyone, my name is Joseph Fortune. I love to write and create interesting and entertaining stories for all. I really do hope you all enjoy what I create, and I look forward to seeing some con.. more..

Writing