Future Ruler

Future Ruler

A Poem by Jason
"

A message to a child who's life I helped to take.

"

 

Fear made me forsake you future Ruler.
This is a letter to you.
I always hear once one lays eyes upon their child for the first time, there is a love there like no other.
Some might even say that it is sweet like brown sugar .
My future Ruler, I find it Ironic that your creation took place while Brown Sugar was playing in the background.
Fear made me forsake you future Ruler.
Where did your strength come from?
You fought through the currents of false emotions to reach the ultimate goal of creation.
Your strength couldn’t have come from me, for I was the one that demanded your destruction.
I will tell you now even though you might already know, is that your strength came from your mother.
Like a beacon of light unto me she called, and I answered with life giving force into her womb.
But my fear eventually made that your tomb.
Future Ruler I know that you are asking yourself “ Why did he chose to open up this old wound?”
All I can say is that from that dreadful moment… this earthly life that I have, but we should have had has become a reflection of your last struggles for life.
My life has become a reflection of your tomb.
Fear made me forsake you and I know God will take you. 
Please know that I love you and that my actions from this point on will always be in remembrance of you, future Ruler.

© 2011 Jason


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is packed full of emotions many we all face(them) at some time in our lives.
The events/choices of our path/journey are character building
if we let them teach and not consume us.

Like a beacon of light unto me she called,
and I answered with life giving force into her womb.
But my fear eventually made that your tomb.

This is sooo deep that it stills me-the content of this could easily
with your creativity and heart, be a novella.
It has great imagery as well.

Remember-There was only one that was perfect...



Posted 15 Years Ago


my GOD

Posted 15 Years Ago



this is such a hard thing to write about. you may never get to the point of closure. I know from personal experience.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 24, 2008
Last Updated on October 1, 2011

Author

Jason
Jason

Philadelphia, PA



About
Im 25 from the 2.ONE.5 (Philadelphia). One of the many shades of "black" comprise the color of my skin. No kids No woman, just really good friends. Ok the top part of my Bio was when I didn't think.. more..

Writing
Tea anyone? Tea anyone?

A Poem by Jason