Ground Under

Ground Under

A Poem by MrJodie
"

There's hope. Are you listening to me?!?! THERE IS HOPE!!!

"
This is that secret poem
That I will never write
About all of the things they told me
I could never, ever say
 
This is that forbidden verse
That perfectly described just how
They covered over the puffy, bruised flesh
Of my heart after they beat it with dogma
 
This is that stanza of lies
I am forced to say to everyone
As I smiled because screaming
Was just not acceptable
 
This is that sacred abomination
The most shameful of holies
That would make even the most pious
Question the existence of his god
 
This is that forgotten person
That quietly crawls from a bloody altar
The voice thought to have been stilled
That is now speaking from the grave
 
This is the soul damned for all time
Wracked with all the guilt it can carry
Blazing with a fire that cannot exist
Because love found me in hell

© 2008 MrJodie


Author's Note

MrJodie
Is this poem fixable? I've gotten a very negative response, for obvious reasons, but I want to make it better. All opinions are valid.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I heard Yeshua crying on the cross "Father, why hast thou forsaken me?" It is the voice of the lower self crying out in desperation with the realization that it alone does not embody truth, that it is the sacrifice. The lower self has to be, to make, the greatest sacrifice, and in the end is heroic, although in the moment feels unloved, lost, and abandoned. This is what I think the poem is saying, though I could be way off. But, I like what it says to me personally. It is a great poem, Jodie......

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is truly powertful, my friend, there's nothin' like a cold slice of reality!

jkb

Posted 15 Years Ago


I don't think you need to change a thing with this piece! The degrees of which poets write makes the circle complete. Not everyone will view your poems from the same eyes or have the same feelings. This is going to touch people either in awe, guilt, anger, agreement, whichever it touched them.

This piece I feel is meant to do that . To expose that inner soul, that person who is emotionally raw. It's a heavy piece with much to be revealed if a person is willing to search between the lines and find it. Not all poems are touchy feelly, and this is what I love about poetry.

In my humble opinion I think this is fine as is.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I don't know how you would have received negative reviews on such an honest, soul searching piece. Maybe it's because I've been there? I loved the format "This is." Personally, I don't see anything to fix.

"This is that forgotten person
That quietly crawls from a bloody altar..."

Brilliant lines. You are very gifted.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I heard Yeshua crying on the cross "Father, why hast thou forsaken me?" It is the voice of the lower self crying out in desperation with the realization that it alone does not embody truth, that it is the sacrifice. The lower self has to be, to make, the greatest sacrifice, and in the end is heroic, although in the moment feels unloved, lost, and abandoned. This is what I think the poem is saying, though I could be way off. But, I like what it says to me personally. It is a great poem, Jodie......

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I actually like this poem. It's powerful, raw, and it makes you
think. Not all things are of the light, and darkness does
creep in, yet it doesn't have to be evil or negative.
Darkness is a place where we can shed ourselves, and show
who we really are. You did a good job conveying that. AD

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

386 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 5, 2008
Last Updated on May 5, 2008

Author

MrJodie
MrJodie

Troutdale, OR



About
I live in Troutdale, Oregon, a suburb of Portland. I'm currently working as a computer systems administrator for a manufacturing company in Vancouver and write only as a hobby. However, I've dreamed.. more..

Writing
Mercenary Mercenary

A Poem by MrJodie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Mercenary Mercenary

A Poem by MrJodie