Karabo

Karabo

A Story by Mr Soetry


When dawn breaks it takes away the gloom restoring hope for a great future lying in a day just in its infancy. As everything comes alive the nocturnal rush to hide and rest for the day, for theirs is a night job, in daytime they are nothing but prey.

Not every child looks forward to a school day but as for this young lady each morning she was reinvogarated as the thought of being in class rushed through her mind. This was no ordinary student neither was she extra-ordinary; She was beyond what the Queen's language could explain. Adored by every teacher, yet envied by all students in her grade. Humbleness kept her grounded as she excelled beyond her wildest dreams and gained fame as an academia.

As is the norm, 'No dawn breaks like the other ', she knew not what her day had in store for her.
She came back from the teacher's office, with her face weighed by unbearable thoughts. Her hands were shaking and I visually mistakened them for a hand swing due to their motion. Her eyes wide open as she sat down. She fixated her eyes on a non visible object, and that drove me to estimate the depth of her thoughts at that moment.

I knew her as the one who is only worried by marks and tests but what I saw in her eyes were emotions speaking in tongues. I was tapped by the emotional change that just took place after she came out of that office. Her name is Karabo, but at the moment she didn't seem to be the answer or have any.

© 2016 Mr Soetry


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on January 11, 2016
Last Updated on January 11, 2016
Tags: Ntandoyenkosi Ngcobo

Author

Mr Soetry
Mr Soetry

Writing
Dear you Dear you

A Poem by Mr Soetry


Juliet Juliet

A Poem by Mr Soetry