Chapter Three

Chapter Three

A Chapter by Ms.Rodgers

In my experience, being with Emily for thirty minutes is like being with someone 
else for only a few. The time that we’re together, losing track of the world, just talking 
seems to last for only seconds. The chiming of the doorbell breaks up our vibrant discussion over which Scream movie was the stupidest. We share a look before both of us hop off of our perches on the counter to walk into the entry way. I turn to look at Em. Stomach fluttering, heart whirring in my chest I open the door. And there is Evan, gorgeous in dark wash jeans and a tight grey t-shirt. His black hair falls lazily into his face.
 “Um, hey.” He smiles fidgeting with the hem of his shirt nervously. It’s actually 
quite a cute habit.
 “Hey, Come in…  This is Em. She’s my best friend.” I introduce the two quickly, flinging the door wide and exiting the entry way. Emily extends her hand, 
offering a smile and a firm handshake.
 “Wow. Nice to meet you. You live here?” Evan asks looking around the entry way, eyes taking in the sleek design. I nod with a simple shrug. I’m used to people being surprised, about my living situation.  We live in a small town, and my house is a bit on the larger side. 
“It’s beautiful.” He murmurs a bit breathless,and I shrug nonchalantly. What I’d give to have a cozy, tiny home with a real family instead of living in this huge empty house. “I’m gonna order pizza, what do you eat Evan?” Em laughs tugging her chestnut brown hair up into a messy bun on top of her head. I can literally see Evan’s shoulders relax as we walk into the living room, the old holey furniture must be as comforting and reassuring to him as it is to me.
 “Anything.” I groan and put my head in my hands as soon as the words leave his mouth. 
“Do not say that, Evan! That girl eats e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g!” I exclaim laughing and falling back on the couch. Then Em’s laugh is tinkling around the room like a bell, and Evan’s laugh is so low in his throat, I’m pretty sure my heart shakes.
“So how long have you and Em been friends?” Evan asks stretching his arms above his head sitting in the corner of the couch. Em decided that our choices in movies 
sucked and she was going to pick up better ones, also junk food. Like we needed more. I was appreciative of the fifteen minutes she was leaving Evan and I alone for. 
“For… just about ever. Third grade.” Em and I had met shortly after she moved here. Her old town was only half an hour away. I was just deciding that I was gay, and I had been really into art for a little over a year at that point. We’d been put in the same class, and I was mesmerized by her beauty. Girls at our age wore jeans or shorts, she was always clad in dresses or skirts. Her hair always done nicely. She was classy to say the least. When I heard her sing, I knew I was going to be her best friend. Her voice was soft, and silken, with the clarity and quality of bells. I drew her, hundreds of times before we even spoke. 
A sketchbook full of Emily. One crisp fall day, she approached me and asked me what I was drawing. I of course was mildly embarrassed, to be caught. She simply complimented me on my form, we talked. And that’s how we became friends, simple.


© 2012 Ms.Rodgers


Author's Note

Ms.Rodgers
This one is a little short, the next chapter will hopefully make it worth it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love It
Cant wait to,
find out what's next.


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Can't wait.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

311 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 18, 2012
Last Updated on January 19, 2012
Tags: Pizza, Em, Evan, Aiden, Friendship, Gay


Author

Ms.Rodgers
Ms.Rodgers

Narnia



About
I write. Cause I'm cool like that. -Novel Descriptions- For Now: High school Aiden is out of the closet. An art junkie whose parents have never really been around, in High School, also referred.. more..

Writing
We Are Young We Are Young

A Chapter by Ms.Rodgers