Teasure Among the Swaying Boughs

Teasure Among the Swaying Boughs

A Story by Ms Oddity
"

The tale of a connection between two beings, though we may never know who each may be.

"
I've seen her for quite some time now, as if she were but a mirror of myself.
She walks through these cursed forests as a nymph of the old myths would, as if she was one with every being- slivers of her heartwood birthed the sprouting trees, each tear formed the crystal springs.
Does she even have a meaning, a life, a desire? What could she possibly want from this harrowed world- is she yet another selfish servant to desire’s greed? I’ve seen it time and time again. Different faces, same expressions- serpentine eyes, plastic smiles, trigger-happy fingertips- she’s beyond all that, or so I hope.
Who’s she to invade my sanctuary, what with her dreamy-eyed gaze and shy little smile? Does she not know the suffering that lies beyond my forest’s wooden walls? No- she was that carefree, that naïve- but when we first made eye contact, I saw wisdom beyond her young age. As my eyes met hers, she simply watched before silently climbing down out of her tree- it stood for her alone, curved to the arch of her bare, delicate feet - before silently padding out of the clearing, dark locks of hair reaching to her hips.
Some say she is but a goddess of our lands. Some say she’s nothing more than a dream.
Only I have seen the flicker of the illusion for an odd half-second, the soft flesh underneath. The troubled mind and the endless bags beneath her eyes, the constant confusion and the doubt that sometimes causes her strong heart to miss a beat.
Then the goddess flickers back in place- a master of illusions, of the life within our world that’s said to be created by her own two hands- as the mask of who she thinks to be covers what lingers underneath.

© 2012 Ms Oddity


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
Added on November 23, 2012
Last Updated on November 23, 2012

Author

Ms Oddity
Ms Oddity

San Fransisco , CA



About
Just a strange little girl who happens to have a penchant for writing. more..

Writing
Man of ice Man of ice

A Poem by Ms Oddity