Bathe Me in Moonlight

Bathe Me in Moonlight

A Poem by Kelly Scheppers


bathe me in moonlight

 

 

 

i need a man
when the world is cold,
to stand beside me
when the years are no longer

my friend

an amorous man

a guise of grey of a man,
to stroke my hair

my shoulders, bare


to bathe me in moonlight
with kisses that trace
the nape of

my neck,

the curvature of

my spine

 

to love me forever…
to leave me never…

 

 

 




© 2018 Kelly Scheppers


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I have a man but I feel like even if we gray together, the things and wishes on your poem may not be achievable, you know African men sometimes are not as romantic...(sobs)

Posted 5 Years Ago


Kelly Scheppers

5 Years Ago

Sometimes, american men need a little bolt out of the blue. Perhaps you can introduce him to a foot.. read more
A wonderfully romantic, dreamy poem. I guess we all need someone. You have a way of making it a pleasure.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Kelly Scheppers

5 Years Ago

Thank you, Jibey. It's a pleasure having you here!
A certain someone we all need to keep us feeling alive and desired...you've perfectly captured this lovely notion. Nicely expressed Kelly.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Kelly Scheppers

5 Years Ago

I am flattered you enjoyed this, Dianne. Thank you so much!
Kelly, your poem is a good reminder that love is not just for the young.
As the old adage goes 'just because there's snow on the rooftop, doesn't mean there's no fire in the furnace.'

This is both sensual and sentimental at the same time. Well done.
A good write.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Kelly Scheppers

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Ted. It was my intent for that to come across!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
i want this poem to be my life forever

Posted 5 Years Ago


Your use of grey and moonlight to indicate a later time of life is so very gentle, and even stately. The simplicity of the yearning shows the clear requirement of a woman who knows her own heart and mind. This poem resonates so strongly with me that I feel it as a glow of quiet brilliance.

This all brought back to me the days before I met and married my husband. I was 45 years old, still struggling to be beautiful, and somewhat resigned to being alone the rest of my life--because I wasn't going to settle for the retreads and losers that I saw my friends marrying, and I certainly did not want another divorce. I wanted a man, a "guise of grey of a man," with his success assured already like mine, who would love me and help me put down some of the burdens of my loneliness, as I could help him.


Posted 6 Years Ago


Kelly Scheppers

6 Years Ago

I am thrilled to know it touched you in such a way. That's a compliment far greater than gold - than.. read more
Romantic and sensual write. Pleasing to read and nicely expressed.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Kelly Scheppers

6 Years Ago

So good seeing you, Christine...thank you for the kindness of your words.
This is a passionately lovely poem- love song perhaps...mesmerized by the sensual, sinuous lines and between-lines...last two lines say it all. Yes! Love this Kelly!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Kelly Scheppers

6 Years Ago

So kind...thank you for making my day, Annette!
Oh Women! You roar in your whispers!

regards,
al

Posted 6 Years Ago


Kelly Scheppers

6 Years Ago

You leave me with a smile, every time! x
Oh this is so beautifully romantic!! I love the urgency of this need, yet so subtle and demure, resting delicately for the reader to discover its solemn treasure. I think this echoes the longings within most of us: to be loved forever just as we are, especially in the vulnerability of our nakedness, especially when the world can be so cold and hurtful, we need a sanctuary, and especially when natural age befalls us, someone who doesn’t leave but loves isn’t unconditionally. This one who loves beyond superficial standards; this is the one to be cherished! Beautiful write again, my dear friend!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Kelly Scheppers

6 Years Ago

Thank you, my partner in crime. So sorry to be late in acknowledging this!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1045 Views
36 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 19, 2018
Last Updated on March 19, 2018

Author

Kelly Scheppers
Kelly Scheppers

San Diego, CA



About
I was never a pearl kind of girl... always wore jeans with holes in the knees. more..

Writing