The Obsequious Nature

The Obsequious Nature

A Poem by Kelly Scheppers

 

 

 

upswept copper hair was pulled high,

secured by the elasticity

of a double knotted scrunchie

 

tendrils, soft

cajoled the opening of a cotton batiste shirt

with four buttons out of six reserved,

implementing a contrasting view

[ from the opposing side of a counter ]

of an underlying sleeveless tank

 

sipping a purchased brew

she extracted its robust flavor from defined lips,

intercepting her tongue between

an opulent shade of Revlon…

all the while

arousing the obsequious nature,

of the boy inside the man

 

© 2008 Kelly Scheppers


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love this adolescent write about the innocents of love that if shared while very young.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Very nice use of description dear Kelly. Drink, taste and temptation. Lucky reward for the boy inside the man. Thank you for sharing the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


Kelly Scheppers

8 Years Ago

...thank you, John...it's always good to see you!
Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

You are welcome Kelly.
after reading this,, trust me,, this boy and this man, would follow you anywhere!! Excellent controlled use of imagery,,and a very intuitive ending image as well, very well done!!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Kelly Scheppers

8 Years Ago

You are spoiling me, you know... ; )
daninstockholm

8 Years Ago

i hope so, my dear,, trying my best! :))
Cool piece of art you selected to complement your poem...thanks for awakening my awareness to that aspect of postings. It adds a new dimension to enjoy...insight into the author's thinking about her poem. In this poem, I found the upswept copper hair even more alluring than the things my obsequious nature (I love that term, by the way) would have me focus on. I have a weakness for redheads. This poem is killer.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Ah, so true. Wonderful imagery, just a touch sensual...enough to get my obsequious nature's attention. I like your beginning...upswept copper hair...you create a lovely vision.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Well, I read and and the boy in me complies, a slave to your commanding, sensuous whimsy . . . allowing that lad to run gleefully around revealing blouses, tasting Revlon red lips, malt and barley flavored tongues . . . and remembering as a youth how fast I wanted to grow up to be a man.

Most evocative. Most provocative. My two "standard" kudos I use nowas a meas to escape this page when further praise would once again render me obsequious to your poetic will . . .
Must . . . go . . . now . . . must break fr . . .

Posted 16 Years Ago




Thrilling. I had no idea where this was going. Seemed like controlled chaos and I do like that.

Very good work. And the boy inside the man......oh, how accurate that is!

Thank you for the submission.

Forest

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

389 Views
8 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 7, 2008

Author

Kelly Scheppers
Kelly Scheppers

San Diego, CA



About
I was never a pearl kind of girl... always wore jeans with holes in the knees. more..

Writing