Yellow Noise

Yellow Noise

A Poem by Kelly Scheppers

Image result for black and white photography of depression

Yellow Noise


my soul has waned from withering need

no sunrise warm to foster me

no yellow noise to lull.


© 2018 Kelly Scheppers


Author's Note

Kelly Scheppers
Did you know there are many colors of noise? Yellow noise is like white. It’s a soft, deep noise used for relaxation, sleep, study, or simply to block out extraneous sounds. There are other colors with little variation, including a pink noise that is used for babies with colic.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Based on your description of noise and the colors that relate I would say that this little piece of writing is a soft, pastel yellow noise. The noise one would hear in the seconds prior to opening their eyes for the first time in the morning. That whisper like voice that speaks to us, asking us to wake for we are missed. Such beauty from your pen paints these pages in warm tones and vibrant shades.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Kelly Scheppers

1 Year Ago

Such a beautiful interpretation, Will. Thank you!
If I read you, the soul can heroically weather a winter, but not without noticable fatigue.
Such a beautifully simple capture of a moment we all experience.

Posted 5 Years Ago


I need me that pink noise.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Interesting. I had this meditation cd once that was called the sound of colors, or something like that. It was basically just that.
Now, to the poem itself.
Am I to understand from this, that you no longer have to rely on ambient noise to relax these days? If so, many kudos. I still do.
The poem itself is excellent, short though it might be.


-wes


Posted 5 Years Ago


Kelly Scheppers

5 Years Ago

I depend upon the sound of a oscillating fan to lull me to sleep, every night. Good thing I live in.. read more
Wesley Dingler

5 Years Ago

That's not so unusual, really. I have a friend that does that, year round. It's all good. Sooth your.. read more
I kind of know that yellow noise, it sucks

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You do this minimal thing, so well. This is so beautiful.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kelly Scheppers

5 Years Ago

Brevity has vastly become my forte. I find it suits me quite well. Good to see you, Carson. Thank .. read more
You are far too good at this game.. amazing, and I have learnt something too.. now I'm green..

Posted 5 Years Ago


Kelly Scheppers

5 Years Ago

Who ever knew that colors could be advantageous to our health? Thank you so much, Nev!
Neville

5 Years Ago

I have no idea, no need, but truly welcome...N
A woman on her knees, withered petals surrounding, face turned away... in the shadows. No colors, except shades of gray. The art says as much as your words, and both convey a void of light and sound. Another exceptional piece, Kelly.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Kelly Scheppers

5 Years Ago

I love your perception. Thank you!
A lovely symphony of words that captures that mood of edgy dryness - felt from time to time by sensitive writers and artists in particular. I hate being dry.



Posted 5 Years Ago


Kelly Scheppers

5 Years Ago

I never knew the other colors existed. It gave me a great foundation for this piece. Thanks, Jibey!
Were you aiming for the 'Haiku effect' Kelly, or just nice and short and to the point ? Rather good either way I thought. Apology for the 'plug' but if you did want to read some more Japanese style verses in English, I have a couple of ebooks that you may be interested in, both of which have been Amazon UK Poetry Bestsellers. In the interests of remaining anonymous, you can write to my email, which is [email protected], for further details if you wanted - the ebooks are also available on Amazon USA for $1.21 :-)

Posted 5 Years Ago


Kelly Scheppers

5 Years Ago

Most of what I write, I write with a brevity of words. It seems to be my forte these days, but I do.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

981 Views
27 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 30, 2018
Last Updated on September 30, 2018
Tags: loneliness, depression, anxiety

Author

Kelly Scheppers
Kelly Scheppers

San Diego, CA



About
I was never a pearl kind of girl... always wore jeans with holes in the knees. more..

Writing