The Mini Waterfall

The Mini Waterfall

A Story by Muriel
"

A very short story of Amy's silly magical time.

"

Amy skipped off into the forest. Once in the middle of it she felt peace as sun shined brightly through enormous redwood trees. The sound of ravens, squirrels scurrying, and the light howl of the wind comforted her.

            She came upon her mini waterfall spot, sat down and breathed in the fresh air. She watched the water drizzle down the green mossy rock. Upon closer examination she saw some baby frogs hopping near the top and then jumping down the waterfall. They splash landed in the water at the bottom and swam back to the side hopping back up to the area at the top of the waterfall for another jump down. Soon a big mommy frog came by, let out a loud sound and the baby frogs all played leap frog while following their mom back into the forest.

            Amy was happy she got to watch the little frog show. No sooner than the frogs left did Amy see another visitor at the waterfall. This time a walking green fern showed up. The fern waddled over to the waterfall, jumped in and then waddled back up the bank to its spot by a nearby redwood tree. Amy couldn’t believe her eyes. She sat by the waterfall mesmerized with the recent activity there.

            She listened to the water running down the rock with its own melodic sound and knew this place was magical.

            Then out of the blue a beautiful small purple owl landed near the waterfall. It started break dancing and fist pumping in the air with its glittery wing and then looked at Amy and said “Yo”  and then flew away into the tall trees.

            Amy was really surprised about these events, but it was time for her to go back to work. She skipped back up the forest trail, hopped into her flying car and went back to her job directing sky traffic at a busy intersection in the clouds. She thought about her happy lunch hour and knew she would go back to the forest real soon for more fascinating experiences.

            Amy’s alarm clock went off; she stretched and wondered what she dreamt about. She never could remember her dreams.

© 2011 Muriel


Author's Note

Muriel
What do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
Added on January 30, 2011
Last Updated on January 30, 2011
Tags: fiction, silly, humor

Author

Muriel
Muriel

CA



About
Love to write. And I love to read others' writing, too. Took about six semesters of Creative Writing through our local college which was fun. Also, have a few things published without pay and one .. more..

Writing
The Beans The Beans

A Story by Muriel