Innocence Gone By

Innocence Gone By

A Poem by Cassiopia Summers
"

A poem about teenage pregnancy.

"

The last breathe of innocence, sealed away with a kiss.

He whispers his love, but deep inside she knows she’s lost.

Lost. Lost the last piece of her childlike innocence to a boy who’d never stay.

Days pass and time as a child passes quickly by.

The day has come and still nothing.

She frets her and voices her worries, but the boy just brushes them off and hardly cares, it has nothing to do with him.

A week gone and still nothing.

A test taken comes with a positive remark.

Yet the mark takes her life towards a downhill fall.

A decision to come.

Abort? Follow through? Keep? Adoption?

She answers all these questions the same…

Abort. She is too young to have a child.

Murderer…Killer…Her conscience says.

Her choices…”Do I end my future, or a newborn life?”

Her final decision…

A newborn life.

And lose the only being who ever loved her. 

© 2010 Cassiopia Summers


Author's Note

Cassiopia Summers
What do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

First off, i would like to say that i have never seen a poem about pregnancy before! This is my first (: Very unique.

Now then. I can feel where this comes from. I, myself, has never had a child but this happens to many teenagers! Someone says they love them and then they have sex, kids, ect. You are expressing here that so many are afriad to deal with but it's too common.

This is very good. I love it (:

Posted 13 Years Ago


death poem yet again. i have to read a happy poem of yours. seriously. anyway, thi was great, except that it lacks that factor where in you screw your brows together and try to figure the meaning out of it. It was kinda obvious, and THERE, if you know what i mean. you could do with broadening the subject more, at the same time still keep the hard-hitting issue in it. Still great though--keep writing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


wow so true and always a touchy subject. It's nice at least the ending ends with something good. Most of the time they get rid of the baby. Nice job I love this poem. Your a very talented writer you should turn this into someone it could get published!

Posted 13 Years Ago


That is always a tough decision... I am pro choice and respect anyone who has to make that choice no matter what way they go. Your words really hit home to the point in showing the anguish one must endure in this situation.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Liz
Oh, this is so true. At my school, guys who get laid get high fives, and are cool, while the girls who deal with the consequences are called s***s, with no support. I loved how you described everything. It was clear, but creative. This is a really nice poem, very meaningful. Good work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


again very powerful, but no matter what decision she wouldve made he still would have left or she wouldve left him. i love this peice of work. very talented.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very sad but so many young girls are in this situation. Why is it the women/girl always suffers and the guys don't? Guys/men, whatever, can just walk away but not the soon to be mother. They're damned no matter what choice they make by somebody, at least it seems that way to me. Outstanding write, I really felt the pain of that one.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really like this it's interesting and something worth pondering.


Posted 13 Years Ago


A child is never a mistake and he/she cannot ruin a young woman's life, just make it a lot more complicated. :/ A woman I worked with told her 20 year old that when she turned up pregnant almost two years ago. And unfortunately the guys do like to pretend that it doesn't take two to make a baby.
A thought provoking write. Good job.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

507 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 12, 2010
Last Updated on August 12, 2010
Tags: teen, pregnancy, pregnant, abortion, murder, poetry

Author

Cassiopia Summers
Cassiopia Summers

Tucson, AZ



About
Lets get to know each other. :) To start, I think music reveals to us the person within, so here are some of my favorite songs because of their lyrics. Sixx A.M. - Skin Paramore - The Only Ex.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..