Have You?

Have You?

A Poem by Cassiopia Summers
"

Have you ever wondered.....?

"
Have you ever wondered
where the dead spirits go?

Do they wander to and fro?

Have you ever wondered
if they're lost in another world?

Or are they stuck here nailed like a board?

Have you ever wondered
what it was like to die?

Whether or not your life literally flashed before your eyes?

Have you ever wondered
about their stories of life?

Did the have any kids, and a beautiful wife?

Have you ever wondered
what the last thought was to cross their minds?

Was it sad, happy, or a manifold of kinds?

Have you ever wondered
what it was to be a soldier?

Could it be the respect or that they wanted to lend a helping
shoulder?

Don't you wish to know what it's like?
I wish to take that hike,

but I guess it'll be awhile till I'm down at the bottom of...

My very own Grave.

© 2010 Cassiopia Summers


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Author's Note

Cassiopia Summers
Everyday I pass by a Graveyard to and from school, and each day I think to myself how these people lived, and why did they die. This poem was just something that popped up today.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Graveyards and death have inspired countless poets and philosophers, all of them trying to answer the same question, one that may never bee answered.
Good write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Poetic Voice is Announcing the first Poetic Voice Cash Prize Contest for Poetry. Awards will be given to the writers who submit for consideration the most outstanding poems within the context of Poetry and Word Art.

http://poeticvoice.ning.com/

Posted 13 Years Ago


"The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and the other begins?"

Edgar Allan Poe

Graveyards and death still inspiring poets with questions I see. I really liked the "nailed like a board" line. Never heard that before-- very final. Like the nails in the coffin or like the dead being stiff like a board. There's alot of imagery in that line-- nice work all around.

Makosica

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very nice piece- I think that perhaps you could add a more appropriate depth with your actual words to fit the content to improve the tone, but this was very nicely written as-is. Nice job.

-Coral-

Posted 13 Years Ago


Ah, wow so much depth in such a fine poem! Great job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very sad, touching write. Creeped me out a bit but that's only because of the talk of Graves and dead people.

Posted 13 Years Ago


You potray the thought pattern that an "observer" goes through when see ordinary or mundane things, but see's more than the usual. They see the story behind what is something we see on a regular basis and finds a mystery in it.
This shows a clever depth of what i believe to be your character. This poem shoes a wise person. A creative and philosophical write. Good Job.
River

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bee
I have!! Sometimes I would think, "What is he doing now?" or "Where is he exactly?" (I just lost someone).. It's kinda frustrating not to have answers to these questions... but still I keep on wondering... I could very much relate to those questions, which, I think, means that you have a great poem here...

Posted 13 Years Ago


The one's that commit, suicide, and have unfinished business, don't move on they stay in limbo; the in between. Rarely can people see them, but when they do, they don't know, gift or curse, most people say gift and some people say curse.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1289 Views
37 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 17, 2010
Last Updated on September 17, 2010
Tags: soldiers, death, dying, questions, answers, philosophical, poetry, poems, etc

Author

Cassiopia Summers
Cassiopia Summers

Tucson, AZ



About
Lets get to know each other. :) To start, I think music reveals to us the person within, so here are some of my favorite songs because of their lyrics. Sixx A.M. - Skin Paramore - The Only Ex.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


... ...

A Poem by frozensakura