TWO DIMENSIONAL OBJECTS DO NOT EXIST!

TWO DIMENSIONAL OBJECTS DO NOT EXIST!

A Story by Lydia Wegner
"

A rant of mine concerning two-dimensional objects.

"

You know how whenever you're in school, the teacher refers to a piece of paper as a "rectangle?" Well, PAPER HAS A THICKNESS! You can measure it's thickness pretty easy, too, well, at least compared to other things (like microscopic microbes or a nucleus of a cell). Or, during third grade geometry, did you ever deal with paper cut-outs of shapes, like squares, triangles, rectangles, pentagons, or any other enclosed figure with a reasonable amount of sides? Well, I propose that that harmless paper hexagon was... A HEXAGONAL PRISM IN DISGUISE! It has a width, height, and length! It's a three dimensional figure, not a two dimensional one!

To take this outrageous argument one step forward, I propose that it is impossible to create a 2D object because in our world that would require displaying the object on something that has no width, and if an object has no width, it does not exist. So in order to properly show a 2D (in real life... This is not counting on the television or computer), you'd have to draw it/print it/scratch it onto something with no width, which does not exist; therefore, it is an impossible feat!

© 2008 Lydia Wegner


Author's Note

Lydia Wegner
Apparently, some people where already aware of this, I suppose having being taught it in geometry. I apologize for those of you that know this.. But I wrote this before I knew anyone else had thought of it, and truly, most people don't think about it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I found this humerous, but the analytical part of me wants to argue the flaws in your rant. however I know I will lose. This has a lot of potential, maybe think on it a littl emore and give it more detail. You really have something here!
thank you for submitting!

Posted 16 Years Ago


lol this is original and yes i was aware of this but what i mean to say is the way you tell it is fresh and i found it humerous

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

267 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 16, 2008

Author

Lydia Wegner
Lydia Wegner

Village of Veterans, near Tampa,, FL



About
I am a young lady that spends her time, as of late, sleeping and accomplishing nothing that she wishes to. I am completely consumed with my quest to find a male companion, what you would likely c.. more..

Writing