KARMA EXPEDITED

KARMA EXPEDITED

A Poem by M.Babu
"

Those who Live by the Sword Die By It.

"

The addict’s eyes bulged from asphyxia and excruciating pain,

As his Assailant strangled harder still, awaiting his final wail.

 

Foaming at the mouth with his feet flying uncontrollably around him,

            The addict made his last stand; aware what resulted shouldn’t he win.

 

The Assailant wouldn’t budge, he had rehearsed this moment interminably,

            He wanted this thing to suffer as he had; as had his perfect family.

 

A life snuffed out in the blink of an eye, nothing one should ever experience,

            But the Assailant was prepared; no guilt or trauma- just as he’d practiced.

 

Though the thing’s hands had slumped to his sides, its body jerked and twisted,

            As dear life was squeezed from it; the Assailant patiently waited.

 

Then silence. Sharp deeply penetrative silence across the confines of the alley,

            Drugs would’ve killed the addict eventually, but his time had come early.

 

The Assailant discarded the thing and sat beside it, an insane smile on his face,

            He could rest in peace now, forget all the pain and hate.

 

This thing had murdered beautiful Stella, blooming heavily with his twins,

            Mugging her in plain of day with excessive force, all for some stupid pills.

 

Courts set it loose, unable to incarcerate it for its dreadful misdeed,

            But that didn’t worry the Assailant, he was glad it was freed.

 

‘Cause Jail time was too trivial a punishment for the laceration it’d affected,

             Death repays Death- Twas a tooth for a tooth- karma wouldn’t be bested.

 

‘Those who live by the sword die from the sword. ’ He always reminded himself that,

            Hearing their ghoulish beckoning, he joined his family with a sonorous blast.

 

-M.Babu-         

 

© 2011 M.Babu


Author's Note

M.Babu
Too unrealistic? Tell me what you think. This is my most gruesome poem to date. I don’t like writing about such but I needed an escape so please bear with me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hmmm.. a gruesome and tragic poem for sure, and I believe, one written with true thought and feeling but ..

.. somehow it jars with me. I wonder if it would be better as a smoothly flowing story or stands as a poem but with shorter lines and less emphasis on finding rhyming words.

Thanks for inviting me to read your work. Get back to me if you want more feedback.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

like swimming in dark waters we face the (what if) and you seem
to face this with moxie. enjoyable write
Rossen

Posted 13 Years Ago


Karma is a fair judge. Live with hate and death. It will find you and your end will be bloody and painful. Hard to leave blood behind. Blood become part of you. I like the story and the true ending. This is a outstanding poem. Amazing description in your words.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


well crafted, evocative, gripping, and well titled. the darkness exhibited suits the tale that unfolds. excellent work!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Now we peer into the darkest recesses of the mind of Michael Mwachofi...sinister,dark piece, and the grouping in couplets makes it all the more jarring. Im not sure if i like the way you make the Addict an 'it' and a 'thing'...but i guess the drugs had reduced him into something less than human(?)
Great piece, in the (paraphrased) words of Oscar Wilde, there is no right and wrong Art, just well done, and poorly...great work,keep writing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Not unrealistic,i find it very actualy!its a gr8 poem bt doing it as a poem does the stroy line less justice..i agree with Emma,it would carry more weight as a short story.still,its gr8 work i liked it!

Posted 13 Years Ago


It(not the addict) is clear that you can deliver justice to any subject under the sun...your pen shouldst toil unceasingly through all the days that thou liveth.CHEERS

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think its pretty damned realistic actually. I had a friend when I was 12 that did drugs and just like the character in your piece, Karma got him... You did a great job with this write, and you have a remarkable flow and symbolism... I look foward to reading more of your work!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Hmmm.. a gruesome and tragic poem for sure, and I believe, one written with true thought and feeling but ..

.. somehow it jars with me. I wonder if it would be better as a smoothly flowing story or stands as a poem but with shorter lines and less emphasis on finding rhyming words.

Thanks for inviting me to read your work. Get back to me if you want more feedback.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

290 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 11, 2011
Last Updated on February 11, 2011

Author

M.Babu
M.Babu

Nairobi, Kenya



About
To escape, to discover, to entertain. more..

Writing
POET'S WRATH POET'S WRATH

A Poem by M.Babu


ODE TO BROS ODE TO BROS

A Poem by M.Babu


WORD CRUMBS WORD CRUMBS

A Poem by M.Babu



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


LIFE's RING LIFE's RING

A Poem by M.Babu


COMMUNICATE COMMUNICATE

A Poem by M.Babu


At Home At Home

A Poem by Chelsea


Hey There Hey There

A Poem by Chelsea