Darling don't be sad

Darling don't be sad

A Poem by Nish Nish the Fish
"

For every girl who feels like there wont be a tomorrow

"

Slowly but surely you'll wake up tomorrow,
you'll open your eyes from this nightmare you're living in,
and the sun's rays will shine through the window
and momentarily blind you from worry.
One step after another,
you'll get out of bed, stand in front of a mirror,
see your ratty hair, messy complexion and still smile,
because you just climbed a mountain, swam accross an ocean,
and defied gravity, all in heels.
Minute by minute, you'll rebuild your heart,
and every second your friends will help you pick up the pieces.
and in more time to come, you'll begin to see for yourself
the beauty in you, that everyone else already knew was there.
Darling, don't be sad,
because you have what it takes to save the world.
you have the strength to lift the universe,
you have the intelligence to be whoever you want to be.
You have the most unique combination of looks and personality,to fall in love a million times
please stop beating yourself up,
because you have so much to live for.
I promise you it's possible for tomorrow to come,
for you to feel loved,
for you to feel good.
I promise that while you're falling from that cloud that kicked
you out of happiness,
you'll land in something soft, something sweet.
and darling, i promise you that slowly, but surely,
you WILL wake up tomorrow, from this nightmare.

© 2009 Nish Nish the Fish


Author's Note

Nish Nish the Fish
Dedicated To a Friend ;] and meant to help people, hope it does!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Awwww. That's really sweet, your friend should be honored ^^ I really enjoyed reading this. At the moment, I'm kinda sad about a couple things, but this brightened my mood considerably. So, you hit your mark haha. This was a light hearted piece, but you still gave it a beautiful edge (to me, when poems are too bright and cheery it can take away from the beauty if done improperly). I'll give you props for that ;) but the theme of this poem really got to me. Friends should always be there to help a person through anything, from heart break to something as horrible as a disease like cancer. That applies to everyone. Anyways, excellent job :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

That is very touching, very sweet, very true. I hope it helped out your friend. All the ideas are very concrete. You are very talented, being able to vet the point across like that. If only everyone could see that there is a positive side and that the earth moves in cycles. If people could see that and understand that they would be so much happier, be able to see the brighter day ahead of them, the golden pot atvthe end of the rainbow. This is a very inspirational piece. Well done, my friend.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is breathtaking! Very emotional. It is an inspiring piece and lets all women/girls know that they are worth something. They should never allow anyone to take that from them. It's also wonderful to know that the ones who feel this way have friends like you by their side. This is an awesome, consistent, and very well visually caught image. I loved it!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Hehe, wow, this was totally awesome! Twas extremely inspiring and full of hope, and, indeed, speaks of courage and love. Im sure ur friend will love this a lot, as i did hehe. Perfect job! :)

B.A.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Awwww. That's really sweet, your friend should be honored ^^ I really enjoyed reading this. At the moment, I'm kinda sad about a couple things, but this brightened my mood considerably. So, you hit your mark haha. This was a light hearted piece, but you still gave it a beautiful edge (to me, when poems are too bright and cheery it can take away from the beauty if done improperly). I'll give you props for that ;) but the theme of this poem really got to me. Friends should always be there to help a person through anything, from heart break to something as horrible as a disease like cancer. That applies to everyone. Anyways, excellent job :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This made me smile while I was crying and that's a fairly hard thing for anything to do so thank you very much. Its a really good piece and very happy.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Made my day :)

Fantastic, absolutely fantastic!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

233 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 4, 2009
Last Updated on April 4, 2009

Author

Nish Nish the Fish
Nish Nish the Fish

Kansas City, KS



About
I feel this deserves an update..seeing as i'm no longer 16 ;) Well, of course i still love writing poetry, I'm actually in a poetry class right now! It's dandy.. I like the color red, alot. I C.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Undone Undone

A Poem by TamiViolet