Why Can't I Do It?

Why Can't I Do It?

A Poem by Nish Nish the Fish

Frustration comes colored in green, with little black mirrors reflecting my failed dedications. 
It comes in in Indian accents, constantly lecturing about how that boy in the newspaper got a 36 on the ACT. 
It comes in the wind, while I put my all in to a serve, but the ball just doesn't make it over the net.
It's hit me one too many times,
and I'm beginning to wonder whether I can anymore...
Can I?
How many times can I write a poem titled "Survivor Woman" without getting ingenuine?
       How many times can I pick up my shattered glasses and try to see the world again with new          eyes?
              How many times can I have tell myself, "hey no big deal, just try harder next time." 
Can I get there? Swim in that glorified sea of blue with pecks of maise lighting up the intellectual world?
Will I?
How many times do I have to be told that "test scores don't define me," until I believe it. 
I don't know. 
But until all the black curves on the flat green, straighten out into down ward 30 degree angles, I can't rest.
Until I'm able to proudly announce that even-multiple of 3 and 10, to answer the question of the year, i can't rest.
I can't, and I wont. 
So, here I go again,
"Survivor Woman struts down the red carpet, embracing her confidence..."

© 2011 Nish Nish the Fish


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow! I really like this! I like the whole struggle with school. It is something that I am going through now, and I could connect easily.
Great write!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

360 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 29, 2011
Last Updated on April 29, 2011

Author

Nish Nish the Fish
Nish Nish the Fish

Kansas City, KS



About
I feel this deserves an update..seeing as i'm no longer 16 ;) Well, of course i still love writing poetry, I'm actually in a poetry class right now! It's dandy.. I like the color red, alot. I C.. more..

Writing