How i discovered what i need to do to lose weight

How i discovered what i need to do to lose weight

A Story by Myra
"

A story about how shape your body

"

I never was a fit person. At my 23 years old my weight is far of what standards are and i don’t even now to mention it.  One day i come up to idea that i must get shaped first of all for my sake. And i began to research the subject and found precious advices that helped me a lot.

I was not entered some diets, just turned to a healthy lifestyle.  I was amazed by results: aside of burning fat i also managed to gain some muscle mass, which was pretty good.

This was one of the biggest struggles i have ever had. It was a struggle with myself. Trying to change your long established routines in terms of diet requires strong desire, ambition and dedication. But i did it and now I’m so proud of me!

Here is what i have done for this:

-Increased the water intake to minimum 2 liters a day

Our body is 75% composed of water. By sweating we lose a big part of it. Water improves metabolism rates, so that burning fat becomes easier.

More than this, we often confuse hunger with thirst. No rare are cases when you feel strong desire to eat something. Drink a glass of water instead and hunger is gone for at least one hour ahead.

Since i start exercising in the gym, i was advised to drink more water because of high level of sweating. Dehydration can cause serious health problems, so i decided to stick to at least 2 liters of day not including water from foods, fruits or tea.

-Revised my diet

The internet is full of information about diet and of course i went through many websites claiming to share the best advices. But somehow i stumbled over a good advice which said that a nutritionist has to be advised for setting up a correct diet plan.

So i did. Well, he was really upset with what my diet looked like before coming to his cabinet. First of all, he asked to have blood test done and only after this we will go further with planning.

My calorie intake was reduced at half and my diet includes only healthy foods. No fast-foods, no sweets, no sugar, no bad fats, and no soda drinks. Instead, i eat fish, meat, fresh legumes and fruits, dairy products and many other products rich in vitamins and nutrients.

I switch to 5-6 meals a day in small portions. Starvation is the worst thing you can do for losing weight. It may seem reasonable for fast fat burn, but you damage your health and the pounds will be back once you return to your previous eating habits.

- Get a gym membership

Diet mixed with an exercise program can do wonders. I saw it on my own body. Along with clean eating, i began to hit the gym twice a week. The recommendation was to start with more cardio and then progressively include some lifting too.

During first month i lost 17 pounds which was a pretty nice result. I continued the same way and within 3 months my relatives were shocked of my new look. And I was so proud of my self.

What i want to say with this article is that diet and exercising are crucial for weight loss. Clean eating and more exercises helped me to get rid of extra weight and enjoy a nice shaped body. You can do it  too!


© 2014 Myra


Author's Note

Myra
Please let me now your thoughts about my experience in the comment box below.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

349 Views
Added on July 10, 2014
Last Updated on July 10, 2014
Tags: weight loss, fat, fat loss, muscles, muscle buidling, fat burning, diet, training, water, diet for weigt loss

Author

Myra
Myra

washington, DC, CA



About
“When you want to succeed as bad as you wanna breathe, then you will be successful! " more..