Turn Around

Turn Around

A Poem by Mysty Rayn

 

Turn Around

 

 

 

Lost and losing control.

How much longer do I play this role?

All is fine, a smile on my face.

How long do I stay in this unhappy place?

I live my life only through you.

Shadows of who I want to be block my view.

I feel so attached to you, afraid to walk away.

But at the same time I know I can't stay.

I'm not sure where we went from good to bad.

I'm not sure where you went from happy to mad.

I can't continue to be the object of your anger and pain.

Sooner or later it will drive me insane.

I have to leave now and this time I won't turn around.

I have to save myself while myself can still be found.

 

-Mysty Rayn

© 2008 Mysty Rayn


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

These words show a level of wisdom and insight which is - sadly - uncommon; many times people will remain in an abusive relationship ( physical, mental or emotional abuse ) out of a sense of duty, or fear to move on alone. But this poem whose the person who has risen above the emotional entanglements and seen that to remain in the relationship would be self-destructive.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Everything is crystal clear.
You have decided to turn around to save yourself at the appropriate time.
Wonder why such a lively piece was not noticed for 2years.
Strange to note that the first reviews were done 4 years ago immediately after its posting.
Looks like 2 years interval is its feature!

Posted 11 Years Ago


It is curious that as I decide to try to catch up on RTFs and taking a break from a discussion on the issues of infatuation as a root problem in the failure of many relationships that I should come across this piece which so well would describe the issue. There are two people, once in love, but now things have changed. It provides the tragic view from two sides, one of sadness and one of anger. What happened to the dreams that were put aside in trying to be one loved? The realization of what was lost and the attempt to find it once more causing anger in the other. At the core is that sense of having lost oneself, which is basically what can happen in a relationship where both parties are not committed to the other. It takes two to tango, and if the other is not willing to put the effort into making the relationship work - then the first is doomed to lose oneself within that relationship. It will be stifling, as each tragic moment plays out.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This poem is simple, yet it flows so well and has a rythm that defines the mood of the poem. I love it!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Although, the poem is a bit choppy and the emotions resented are very commonly expressed, I enjoyed the ending you chose a lot � it reflects the power of free will trough the triumph over emotion.

A.M.


Posted 15 Years Ago


Lessons of pain and loneliness are the hardest to bear. Knowing that someday scars will heal and life will go on is perhaps the next lesson.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can surely relate to your poem, Mysty ... Beautifully written and so very moving ... hugs

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Such a flow you gave here..... The thing I pay attention to when there is so much rhyme, is the statement that is made by it. You stayed well on track as you spit this out....

Shadows of who I want to be block my view.

This line stood out the most to me. It had that extra depth in it. Quite the imagery.

Bless!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

These words show a level of wisdom and insight which is - sadly - uncommon; many times people will remain in an abusive relationship ( physical, mental or emotional abuse ) out of a sense of duty, or fear to move on alone. But this poem whose the person who has risen above the emotional entanglements and seen that to remain in the relationship would be self-destructive.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your poem speaks volumes. It reflects of love, abuse, and self preservation so often seen these days. Very good.


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

341 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on July 4, 2008
Last Updated on July 20, 2008

Author

Mysty Rayn
Mysty Rayn

About
more..

Writing
Pretend Pretend

A Poem by Mysty Rayn


Nothing Nothing

A Poem by Mysty Rayn



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Fear Fear

A Poem by Lia


Winter's Chill Winter's Chill

A Chapter by Renée